Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re-Arm, any experiences?

Posted by sungod3k 
Re: Re-Arm, any experiences?
April 10, 2017 09:36AM
Thanks mate, it's been a LOOONG time coming, let me tell you.

Mesh bed levelling FTW. After a good calibration, of course.

File is available here:
[www.thingiverse.com]
April 10, 2017 06:24PM
No strictly re-arm related but here is a spiral I tried earlier, on the kossel XL/Duetwifi.

Full res version [1drv.ms]

Oddly Prusa Slic3r wouldnt slice it at all.
Regular slic3r 1.2.9 managed but oddly put retracts in it in places.

This was absolute maximum size I can print, I removed the bed clamps to prevent a crash midway through and even then the rods were practically rubbing on the belts at the edges.
Black would have been a better choice.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions

April 10, 2017 09:06PM
That bed level looks spot on, nice work smileys with beer

Yeah you've got to be careful when printing at the edges don't you. I cancelled one print with the head midway between two towers, and as it was homing, the bolt heads on the effector caught on the crossed wires that brace one face. Luckily I'd turned the current way down so the motors skipped and it didn't cause any damage.

It's the first time I've done a spiral like this, I think it's a good test to check the effector plane over the entire bed.
April 11, 2017 01:41PM
I posted about the LV8729 drivers in the steppers & stuff forum, I'm not sure there is a fast decay option, I think they're mixed decay only.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login