Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap Family Tree

Posted by MrJohn 
Reprap Family Tree
February 24, 2011 03:04PM
I've found a free online family tree maker and started adding families to it. You can add your own info.

Setup-

It is split between Reprap and RepSTRAPS. (Parts purchased from ReprapLTD have their own branch, True Bloods, if you will)

Select the repraps side then you must have gotten the parts from another Mendel/ Prusa Mendel/ Huxley.

If you got your parts from anywhere other than a true Reprap then select RepSTRAPS.

Choose or add the vendor/ person you got you parts from. And add your block as a child (with no additional parent).

Ideally find out where you're vendor got his parts and start at the highest level you can track.

If at any point they are related we can edit it together to make a very impressive family tree. If you want to create a new "family" please let me know and we will work it out on how to best edit all the groups together. I would LOVE to see all these families connected together, but that would require the sites to tell us about their internal family tree. Which I doubt they have time for.

Here is the link-
Reprap Full Tree

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2011 03:10PM by MrJohn.

-John, San Diego, CA

www.youtube.com/user/GeoDroidJohn

MrJohnEcker on Twitter, Gmail
Re: Reprap Family Tree
February 24, 2011 03:54PM
Very interesting! I just added my machine to the list! I think people that have makerbots should always name there machine and include their number. Hope other people join in!

Mark
February 27, 2011 07:00AM
Love it. As a newbie it can really help with where things are at.

A software/firmware version would be nice too.
February 27, 2011 11:41AM
i wonder if there would be a way to make some sort of hash to help keep track of lineage so that you could just attach it to the paperwork so that you could keep in more accurate for those who register it.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login