Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my first reprap need some help

Posted by cwenger 
my first reprap need some help
February 28, 2011 02:40AM
model: techzone huxley (mini-mendal)

1st problem:

the z-axis goes up not down when clicking on home in repsnapper? is this correct, because when it when up it began jamming on the top cross bars.

2nd problem:

the extruder does not heat up when turned on, and not getting a heat in repsnapper where current temp is supposed to be displayed. What are some common things that I may have done wrong?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2011 02:42AM by cwenger.
Re: my first reprap need some help
February 28, 2011 05:18AM
I only just tested my repsnapper-RAMPS-motors chain for the first time today. My Z axis also moved down when I told it to move "+10" and it didn't want to go up (-10). The X and Y went both directions, tho. Also, the extruder seemd to be happy going forwards but didn't want to go backwards.

Also, I couldn't find a button to interrupt axis movement and I couldn't find one to disable the steppers when they weren't moving (ReplicatorG has nice big obvious buttons for both those functions).

So, I can't help at the moment, but at least you know that you're not the only one with that stuff happening.
February 28, 2011 06:53AM
One reason an axis may not move in a certain direction is because the endstops are not connected.

Either attch the endstops or connect the 2 points to fool the axis driver into thinking the endstops are attached.

Do your investigations re fooling the driver. Be carefull not to connect the wrong 2 points and short something out.

see testing the stepper driver
February 28, 2011 07:17AM
If the z moves the opposite direction, then you have to either reverse the motor wires or edit the firmware code to reverse the direction of the z steppers as described in the wiki: reprap.org. There are also instructions specific to the techzone remix Gen 3 here: reprap.org.
February 28, 2011 09:06AM
For problem 1 I agree with brnrd.

For problem 2 it sounds like a wiring issue. If you are using gen 3 electronics, there needs to be a couple of connections between the extruder controller and mainboard besides the power. I have a feeling that's your issue, because the place you need to connect to is un-intuitive. This can vary based on firmware... the firmware I used with my techzone elctronics was straight from replicatorG
March 08, 2011 12:38PM
Anthong Redbeard Wrote:
> For problem 2 it sounds like a wiring issue. If
> you are using gen 3 electronics, there needs to be
> a couple of connections between the extruder
> controller and mainboard besides the power. I have
> a feeling that's your issue, because the place you
> need to connect to is un-intuitive. This can vary
> based on firmware... the firmware I used with my
> techzone elctronics was straight from replicatorG

Maybe a wiring issue, maybe not. I just got this problem myself, after it was working. I'm not getting a temp reading, but it does heat up and modulate to stay on temp (thermal cam confirmed) If its a wiring issue, wouldn't it just keep heating up? (since temp is always '0')
March 08, 2011 04:12PM
you also might have skipped the step of altering the therimisor table in the firmware. i did. that might throw off your temp reading enough that it never turns on, thinking it's already too hot.

as far as i know, repsnapper has no interrupt or 'cancel print' buttons. at least not in the current windows build.
Jason
March 28, 2011 04:33PM
Hi cwenger,
I am building my reprap from techzonecom huxley too. I am still working with it. Can you send me an email so we can talk about those problems we face? Thank you
my email is chan_bj@hotmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login