Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Have a question about bowdin setup

Posted by Jere 
Have a question about bowdin setup
March 08, 2017 09:37PM
(I am very very sorry for the terrible mspaint drawings)

Here is my current printer setup

I want to upgrade to a e3d v6 hotend and had a question about the motor mounting...

I was wondering if mounting the motor like this could work? ive seen most people
mount the motor on the side of the printer and not above

Thanks to anyone who replys! Again im very VERY sorry for the crappy ms paint drawings.
Re: Have a question about bowdin setup
March 08, 2017 09:50PM
Yes you can, you just need to make sure that the bowden tube can easily reach everywhere that the printer head can move to (including the limits of X, Y and Z axes). You might need to make a tilting mount for your extruder if your bowden tube gets shorter.

Some delta printers use something very similar, called a "Flying extruder". The shorter the bowden tube, the better control you have over the extrusion process.
March 08, 2017 10:54PM
Thanks for the reply!
Im getting a meter of tube so ill have more than enough, ill trim it though and have some left for other projects down the road.
March 11, 2017 08:48AM
Alternatively you could mount a Remote Direct Drive, where the stepper is mounted on the frame and the extruder part is mounted on the print head, driven by a drive cable.

All the benefits of both systems and none of the drawbacks.
And if you need an adapter to make it fit with your printer and the V6, we will design one for you.

Lykle

Co-creator of the Zesty Nimble, worlds lightest Direct Drive extruder.
[zesty.tech]
March 11, 2017 09:30AM
A Flex3Drive is going to be your best option smiling smiley

Flex3Drive.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login