Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

blender?

Posted by munchit1 
blender?
March 21, 2017 08:50AM
after a 2 hour write up, i was informed a word you have used has been banned...no clues what word where like? lol.....summut up my post.

blender....fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff there must be a script that has an off comand, the cript basicaly adds more bugs than you can fix, its endless.....365 faces, one will majic a new face or something, when you've gone through every face n edge to find the one....the script calculates where to put the two new errors for yu...

i give up..

endless problems with open sourse softwares, if they work theres always a clause, the one that now owns all your work after you put all effert in, or....buggy update after buggy update slowly strangles it to death. any one thats modded anything knows theres a thresh hold, where the program just clogs up because, i quote the tecnical terms here 'it cant handle that many changes'.

blender is a wicked program, when it works...alas..fffffff i've methodicaly recorded its progress....one version of the results definatly implies an 'iDi0t_scR//pt...esp. script is running, maybe its a virous, is there a patch to fix it? it apears in a lot of free soft ware, e.g. sketchup, wos that retailing at 800 plus? ok, after putting up with the bugs glitchs etc...i wouldnt pay 800 doonups for that heepa jumk!..based on the free version lol. i've used propper cads, stuff thats linked globaly, yu can get similar stuff, do crash dummy testing all the songs n whistles, and yes they have a few 'querps' but sheeezus! there has to be a 'iDi0t_scR//pt...esp file some where in the freebies, lets you do enough to get you just far enough and them dollups it.

slic3r? updated no longer works..

4 years i've been using opensource...and non opensourse, an update brings hope and is usualy followed by 'oh it broke it...again'....

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......they could try the program update first surely?

there is no help on google is there?.......i'm finding the wworste thing yu can do is put the actual word in these days....

it just isnt worth the effert is it.......
Re: blender?
March 21, 2017 10:34AM
Not sure what all that was...
Seems like you dont like Blender and needed to vent about it.
Alright use a better software.
March 21, 2017 12:21PM
I have no idea what you are on about?

Are you on about faults in cad files causing unprintable objects? eg, the rubbish that is sketchup? Personally I've had no problems printing direct from decent CAD programs like Fusion360. I also have very few problems with sketchup, but you need to know why files become non-manifold and keep within the restraints of sketchup. Basicly, don't go below 100 microns accuracy (eg, 0.1mm, 0.2mm is fine, 0.15mm will round up giving errors).
March 21, 2017 02:32PM
Origamib

Are you on about faults in cad files causing unprintable objects? eg, the rubbish that is sketchup? Personally I've had no problems printing direct from decent CAD programs like Fusion360. I also have very few problems with sketchup, but you need to know why files become non-manifold and keep within the restraints of sketchup. Basicly, don't go below 100 microns accuracy (eg, 0.1mm, 0.2mm is fine, 0.15mm will round up giving errors).

hmm thanks for the tip on sketchup.

and yes, oh by it was a rant an a half....any clues why some files just never end in faults? e.g. remove a double face it regenerates two others over n over again?
March 21, 2017 04:07PM
Have you tried slic3r prusa edition? Download it from prusa site. It's much more stable and has a few nice new features.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
March 21, 2017 09:45PM
DjDemonD
Have you tried slic3r prusa edition? Download it from prusa site. It's much more stable and has a few nice new features.

i'll have a look thank you.
March 24, 2017 07:15AM
munchit1
Origamib

hmm thanks for the tip on sketchup.

and yes, oh by it was a rant an a half....any clues why some files just never end in faults? e.g. remove a double face it regenerates two others over n over again?

Nearly all faults in sketchup I've found occur from either using too many faces, and so sketchup tries to generate a face over a face (very annoying, sometimes unavoidable unless you redraw the entire face) or most likely from multiple rounding errors. It seems that sketchup doesn't realise it has rounded up, and will place a face like it is not, but in reality the flat plane can't exist because one or more points is not parallel. These rounding errors can also be made when you place a line too close to another, and it will assume that they are connected when they are not. Often becomes a problem in small circles, or circles with a lot of sides.

My honest opinion would be to invest your time learning a decent CAD program... The only good points about sketchup is that it's relatively fast and doesn't hog computer resources. its also quite smooth to use and works well on a laptop scroll pad. Most CAD needs a proper mouse.
March 24, 2017 07:46AM
If your down at the faces level your doing it all wrong, who needs that these days, cg artists, not solid modelers, unless your doing some direct editing.
March 25, 2017 07:08PM
@MechaBits,

Blender and Sketchup are not solid modellers, they were never intended for 3D printing in the first place. Sketchup hides the fact it's a polygon mesh modeller under its user-friendly GUI, I believe that not being aware of its true nature is mostly the source of the problems its users have in generating proper manifold STL files.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login