Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Science Museum Wooden RepRap

Posted by tobyborland 
Science Museum Wooden RepRap
December 19, 2007 02:14PM
There will be a RepRap puttering away in the background of the Antenna Science Museum event from tomorrow till Sunday. Sorry about short notice, I've been trying to assemble it for the deadline. The parts are made from laser-cut assembled plywood and it runs smoothly smiling smiley
I'll put the teardrop RepRap logo in the background and there should be someone on hand fiddling with it + expounding the joys/sorrows of open hardware (probably Gerry or me)
Toby
Re: Science Museum Wooden RepRap
December 19, 2007 02:16PM
Ahem..
The Museum of Science and Industry, Kensington, London, 20th Dec
December 19, 2007 02:43PM
fantastic!

you should email Adrian Bowyer. I dont know how far away the Univ. of Bath is from there, but I'm sure he'd love to come see it.
Anonymous User
December 19, 2007 03:16PM
That is a great Idea for the rest of us when we get them working to see if the local Museum of Science would like to display it for a short time to stir up more interest. I bet the Houston Museum of Science would be willing to do a display once we get one our local RUG gets one built.
December 19, 2007 03:42PM
Take photos and video
December 29, 2007 09:32PM
I assume this is a RepRap Darwin - would love to hear more. Great job.
January 04, 2008 08:38AM
I just found this: [www.cctv.com]
January 07, 2008 08:45AM
Oh dear..
Just looked at the CCTV article and it doesn't explain the open hardware concept at all. I don't think I managed to explain the difference between consumer 3D printers and the open hardware community. I think BBC did an interview for their website too, but I don't know if it goes into detail about the RepRap. I'll post some of the footage we got during the show and more importantly repost the files for the parts.
Toby
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login