Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is the best software for REPRAP

Posted by tjp2579 
What is the best software for REPRAP
April 03, 2017 11:41AM
I just bought a Amazon [Sintron] Ultimate 3D Printer Full Complete Kit for DIY Reprap Prusa i3 + RAMPS 1.4, Mega 2560, MK8 Extruder, MK3 Heatbed, Stepper Motor and LCD Controller. I have it all assembled all wired now I tried a hundred different software configurations. What ones work on windows 10 please help me im going crazy here.
Re: What is the best software for REPRAP
April 03, 2017 02:46PM
OOOO you gonna get a different answer every time!! I started of with and still use Pronterface for pc/ printer interface its handy for calibration tuning, then Slic3r to convert models into Gcode... those are the only two you need to get printing, another slicer is Cura another interface Repetier host all good fun and aint that hard to learn with plenty of support out there for each of them.

have fun
April 03, 2017 09:02PM
There also Octoprint for wifi use of the printer and to remove the need to hook to a PC
April 04, 2017 10:00AM
I use Cura to slice STL files then put my code onto an SD card and run that right from the printer.
I can connect to the PC through Pronterface if I need to but I haven't in awhile.
April 04, 2017 01:50PM
tjp2579
I just bought a Amazon [Sintron] Ultimate 3D Printer Full Complete Kit for DIY Reprap Prusa i3 + RAMPS 1.4, Mega 2560, MK8 Extruder, MK3 Heatbed, Stepper Motor and LCD Controller. I have it all assembled all wired now I tried a hundred different software configurations. What ones work on windows 10 please help me im going crazy here.

Do you mean firmware to run on the controller, or PC host software, or slicing software, or all three?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 05, 2017 10:19PM
GroupB
There also Octoprint for wifi use of the printer and to remove the need to hook to a PC

A raspberry pi is still a PC, and it's still using USB to control the printer. The only true way to dump the PC is with a controller that has onboard Ethernet in one way shape or form that also contains a standalone control interface.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login