Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

installed titan extruder, questions

Posted by bizit524 
installed titan extruder, questions
April 06, 2017 04:36PM
hey guys. I just installed a titan extruder. looks quiet nice however a few problems. my filament is not extruding at the proper rate, which i will fix by doing this right?
steps_per_mm = (motor_steps_per_rev * driver_microstep) / thread_pitch ???

also my motor is now spinning in the opposite direction.. is there anywhere in the screen where i can tell it to go the opposite way? if not
where would it be in the firmware to tell it to go the opposite way?

Thanks
Re: installed titan extruder, questions
April 06, 2017 04:47PM
For the motor, you can just unplug the connectors at the board and reverse it.
April 06, 2017 05:12PM
sadly i would do that but it is key'd and i can't reverse
April 06, 2017 06:31PM
What firmware?
Marlin

[solidutopia.com]

in configuration.h file

Invert stepper motor direction

To inspect the extruder you would need to heat the hot end to the extrusion temperature, otherwise you can temporarily disable the EXTRUDE_MINTEMP protection. Be sure to perform the test without the filament loaded. Send extrusion command of 10 mm and check the motor rotation direction.

You can invert the stepper motor direction if it was wired the wrong way. It doesn’t make a difference if you invert the stepper motor wiring or if you invert it in the code. *Remember to power off the printer before unplugging or replugging the stepper motors.

#define INVERT_X_DIR false

#define INVERT_Y_DIR true

#define INVERT_Z_DIR true

#define INVERT_E0_DIR true

#define INVERT_E1_DIR true

#define INVERT_E2_DIR false

confused smiley
April 07, 2017 03:02AM
Changing the stepper direction in firmware means, you have to configure Marlin from ground up unless you have the version at hand you got with the printer. But that's rarely the case...

I'd go the easier way and cut off the notch at the connector or remove the housing on the controller.
April 07, 2017 03:56AM
thanks cozmicray
this is great. I will do this.
I do have the firmware from my printer. as I ran into issues and someone on here a year ago had it and gave it to me, he also included optimizations
shall do this over the weekend much appreciated

Yeah I did cut off the notch but the pins are off centre so I would have the rip the entire housing off the motor, so i am not going to do that sad smiley
April 07, 2017 07:54AM
According to E3D's web site, the recommended starting point for the steps/mm for the titan is 418.5 for a 200 step/rev motor and 2X that for a 400 step/rev motor...

Start with their number then calibrate...

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login