Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hictop Prusa i3 Auto-Home Issue

Posted by DkBronco 
Hictop Prusa i3 Auto-Home Issue
May 08, 2017 11:06AM
Hello All,

I just recently bought a Hictop Prusa 3dp-18 and through all the screaming frustration of handling those tiny screws with my large mitts, it's actually been a blast to build. I've always liked putting things together and figuring out how they works since I was young but this is my very first attempt at something on this scale.

The printer is complete however when I begin the calibration process I run into an issue:

At first all seems normal when I use the Auto-Home feature the print head first moves across the x-axis until it gets to the limit switch and stops, then the print bed moves backwards along the y-axis and again stops when it hits the limit switch, finally the print head moves down the z-axis and it hits limit switch and stops. Here is where the issue occurs, now the print head moves back the other way away from the limit switch and gets about half way across the x-axis and it stops and a buzzing type alarm goes off and does not stop until the machine in powered off. It isn't hitting anything and the wires aren't getting caught on anything.

Any idea what could be causing this and suggestions on how to fix it? Be nice haha, its my first time, everybody has to start somewhere.
Re: Hictop Prusa i3 Auto-Home Issue
May 09, 2017 04:34AM
I assume you are using Marlin as Firmware.
Going to half the x and/or y axis after homing usually comes from this part of code in configuration.h (see below) --> You would have to Change Line 935/936 to end movement on another Position.

Where is the Buzzing type Alarm comming from? - is it the Buzzer at the Display, or maybe one of the stepper Motors? - Maybe the one on Y-Axis? --> If yes, check your Maximum travel Speed Setting - maybe it is very very slowly approaching the Point at halfway Y-Axis - and the buzzing Sound is its movement.

924 // Use "Z Safe Homing" to avoid homing with a Z probe outside the bed area. 
925 // 
926 // With this feature enabled: 
927 // 
928 // - Allow Z homing only after X and Y homing AND stepper drivers still enabled. 
929 // - If stepper drivers time out, it will need X and Y homing again before Z homing. 
930 // - Move the Z probe (or nozzle) to a defined XY point before Z Homing when homing all axes (G28). 
931 // - Prevent Z homing when the Z probe is outside bed area. 
932 //#define Z_SAFE_HOMING 

934 #if ENABLED(Z_SAFE_HOMING) 
935   #define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT ((X_MIN_POS + X_MAX_POS) / 2)    // X point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28). 
936   #define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT ((Y_MIN_POS + Y_MAX_POS) / 2)    // Y point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28). 
937 #endif 
May 09, 2017 06:25AM
Thank you for your response.

I will give this a try tonight. When you say end movement on another position, does it matter what position?

The buzzing noise is coming from the display, any idea what that could mean?

Thanks again
May 10, 2017 06:46AM
Does not Matter which Position. You cold even leave it where it is now.
I prefer a Position where I have easy access to the whole printbed.

@Buzzing sound from Display: sorry I don't know - never had buzzing at this point
May 26, 2017 07:12AM
Hi,

A bit late, but for what it's worth, I have one of these printers, that noise could be to do with the filament alarm, it has one and is quite noticable when it goes off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login