Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Belts - Whats the best you can buy?

Posted by DjDemonD 
Re: Belts - Whats the best you can buy?
June 13, 2017 03:19PM
Now that's the way to do it. Keeps the pulleys large and the belts alive, but no resolution decrease as they aren't on the motors. Clever solution.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
June 05, 2018 11:38AM
[reprapworld.com]

these guys have kevlar & polyurethane belts in 6 & 9 mm.
sss
June 13, 2018 04:17PM
i bought gates gt2 belt on ebay , link:
[www.ebay.com]

can anybody tell if its a copy or the real thing ?
thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 04:18PM by sss.
June 13, 2018 04:37PM
I was running some glass core Chinese belts from Folgertech on my coreXY printer, which I eventually replaced with Gates LL2MR09 belts. I recently had the belts off to do some maintenance and noticed that there was rubber in the grooves of the drive pulleys. Since the Gates belts have a nylon surface on the teeth and the Chinese belts had rubber, I'm assuming the rubber came from the Chinese belts. I also used to find little bits of rubber dust on the machine right under the belts near the drive pulleys. Putting the Gates belts on the machine stopped that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 04:38PM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
June 14, 2018 10:00AM
the_digital_dentist

Where did you get your gates belt and how much was it per meter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2018 10:01AM by warbunniex.
June 14, 2018 10:21AM
sss
i bought gates gt2 belt on ebay , link:
[www.ebay.com]

can anybody tell if its a copy or the real thing ?
thanks

I can't tell for sure but I bought some of those and they seem to be good quality maybe they are genuine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2018 10:21AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
June 14, 2018 11:48AM
I bought the Gates belt from a distributor in the US and paid $2/foot, and had to buy the Gates enforced minimum of 50 feet.

I have not noticed any change in print quality between the Chinese belts and the Gates belts.

June 14, 2018 04:50PM
Me either.

Simon Khoury

June 15, 2018 09:04AM
the_digital_dentist
I bought the Gates belt from a distributor in the US and paid $2/foot, and had to buy the Gates enforced minimum of 50 feet.

I have not noticed any change in print quality between the Chinese belts and the Gates belts.

Sweet, I live in the us. Which one? I think it depends more on the printer. My printer definitely printed better with the pu steel core belt. But the belt did not last very long before I had to replace it. Im hoping the pu kevlar belts that are still shipping will produce less artifacts on my prints again/ last longer.
June 15, 2018 12:11PM
I think I got the belt here, but I honestly don't recall. If you buy from any Gates distributor, you will have to buy at least 50 feet and the price will be about $2 per foot.

September 25, 2018 01:23AM
I know I'm a bit late, but this is the belt use on my printer, its pricey but it barely stretches. (5 meters is 30 dollars) :[www.hic3dprinter.com]
September 25, 2018 02:22PM
E3D swears by the Gates name brand belts for their tool-changer printer.

Gates GT2 vs GT3

Anyone have any experience with GT3 2mm belts (Gates or other)?
September 26, 2018 01:58AM
I've used 6mm T2.5 closed loop 960mm long pu steel reinforced belts on my old prusa i3 for the z axis to synchronize the two m5 lead screws. These were transparent brown colored. They were locally sourced and cost a lot more, around 20 euros a piece compared to chinese made belts. It's great quality belt, very flexible yet no stretch that I've ever noticed. I used 16T pulleys withoutcany problem, printed many hours for a couple of years.

In my corexy NFAN printer I use glass gt2 2mm 6mm reinforced rubber belts from china. One closed loop 10mm wide gt2 belt for the z T8x8 leadscrews. I'm going to replace the 6mm belt with a 10mm one as soon as it arrives, sourced from aliexpress. I've selected a more expensive one, usually improves the quality too. There's a bit of ringing visible at higher speeds so hopefully wider belts are a bit stiffer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2018 01:59AM by imqqmi.

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
March 02, 2019 08:02AM
Any updates?

I saw that e3d has stocked gates belts now, but for 9mm gt2 the charge 1,5$ per 10cm, which is a bit insane when having 1m higher delta.

Is there another brand for belts that lie somewhere in between?
March 02, 2019 11:22AM
Seriously just use whatever Chinese belts that ebay has. It will make no difference. I paid £10/m for gates 2gt belts they looked nice but didn't improve my kossel Xl at all. TBF it was pretty good to begin with.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2019 11:34AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login