Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Belts - Whats the best you can buy?

Posted by DjDemonD 
Re: Belts - Whats the best you can buy?
June 13, 2017 03:19PM
Now that's the way to do it. Keeps the pulleys large and the belts alive, but no resolution decrease as they aren't on the motors. Clever solution.

Simon.

[www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile z-probe plus piezo discs, endstop cables, pt100, 50w heaters. PT1000 cartridge sensors plug straight into duet boards and others.
Published:Inventions
June 05, 2018 11:38AM
[reprapworld.com]

these guys have kevlar & polyurethane belts in 6 & 9 mm.
sss
June 13, 2018 04:17PM
i bought gates gt2 belt on ebay , link:
[www.ebay.com]

can anybody tell if its a copy or the real thing ?
thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 04:18PM by sss.
June 13, 2018 04:37PM
I was running some glass core Chinese belts from Folgertech on my coreXY printer, which I eventually replaced with Gates LL2MR09 belts. I recently had the belts off to do some maintenance and noticed that there was rubber in the grooves of the drive pulleys. Since the Gates belts have a nylon surface on the teeth and the Chinese belts had rubber, I'm assuming the rubber came from the Chinese belts. I also used to find little bits of rubber dust on the machine right under the belts near the drive pulleys. Putting the Gates belts on the machine stopped that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 04:38PM by the_digital_dentist.

Son of MegaMax 3D printer: [www.instructables.com]
Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
June 14, 2018 10:00AM
the_digital_dentist

Where did you get your gates belt and how much was it per meter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2018 10:01AM by warbunniex.
June 14, 2018 10:21AM
sss
i bought gates gt2 belt on ebay , link:
[www.ebay.com]

can anybody tell if its a copy or the real thing ?
thanks

I can't tell for sure but I bought some of those and they seem to be good quality maybe they are genuine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2018 10:21AM by DjDemonD.

Simon.

[www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile z-probe plus piezo discs, endstop cables, pt100, 50w heaters. PT1000 cartridge sensors plug straight into duet boards and others.
June 14, 2018 11:48AM
I bought the Gates belt from a distributor in the US and paid $2/foot, and had to buy the Gates enforced minimum of 50 feet.

I have not noticed any change in print quality between the Chinese belts and the Gates belts.

June 14, 2018 04:50PM
Me either.

Simon.

June 15, 2018 09:04AM
the_digital_dentist
I bought the Gates belt from a distributor in the US and paid $2/foot, and had to buy the Gates enforced minimum of 50 feet.

I have not noticed any change in print quality between the Chinese belts and the Gates belts.

Sweet, I live in the us. Which one? I think it depends more on the printer. My printer definitely printed better with the pu steel core belt. But the belt did not last very long before I had to replace it. Im hoping the pu kevlar belts that are still shipping will produce less artifacts on my prints again/ last longer.
June 15, 2018 12:11PM
I think I got the belt here, but I honestly don't recall. If you buy from any Gates distributor, you will have to buy at least 50 feet and the price will be about $2 per foot.

September 25, 2018 01:23AM
I know I'm a bit late, but this is the belt use on my printer, its pricey but it barely stretches. (5 meters is 30 dollars) :[www.hic3dprinter.com]
September 25, 2018 02:22PM
E3D swears by the Gates name brand belts for their tool-changer printer.

Gates GT2 vs GT3

Anyone have any experience with GT3 2mm belts (Gates or other)?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login