Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can anyone help me with find copy of 123d design?

Posted by Nikki81 
Can anyone help me with find copy of 123d design?
June 12, 2017 12:16PM
I've only just found out that 123d design has been discontinued but ive had to reinstall everything on my computer is there anywhere I can download it from ?
Thanks nikki x
Re: Can anyone help me with find copy of 123d design?
June 12, 2017 01:10PM
June 12, 2017 02:02PM
Fantastic ! thank you
June 13, 2017 10:10AM
Who told you 123d was discontinued. Only the phone app was discontinued as I understand it. I use 123d all the time.
June 13, 2017 10:35AM
My understanding is that 123D is more or less abandoned at this point. It will work fine on the local device but online storage has been shut off and the website redirects to Tinkercad. I recall reading that they were going to beef up Tinkercad.
June 13, 2017 03:22PM
They did improve tinkercad, and you can do a lot more numerically, easier than you used to be able to. I was thinking of moving on to 123d but then noticed they're pushing Fusion 360 now.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
June 13, 2017 03:30PM
Check here
[www.cgchannel.com]
Autodesk is shifting its focus and 123d isn't in it anymore

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
June 18, 2017 10:58AM
Yes... 123d design is dead in the water....try connecting to the samples using the arrow on the extreme right of the 123d design screen....it won't load because it is no longer supported. I am gutted as the interface for 123d design is lovely with a 5 button mouse and however much 'better' fusion 360 is technically I find it extremely cumbersome swapping between pan and orbit that is so simple in 123d design. As a side note the default .123dx file saving format seems to have been corrupted somehow and is now a pain to use, luckily you can still 'export' and 'import' as a 'sat/step' file with all the characteristics of a .123dx file but without the problems that now beset loading back the .123dx files (frozen screens/crashing/can't do errors....etc)...no doubt it will eventually stop working as a local application (if autodesk pull the login support perhaps) and that will be a sad day for me.
June 21, 2017 01:03AM
Yes, 123d design is abandoned, but it still works.
I still use it on OSX as its simple to use.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login