Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Survey about 3D printing

Posted by teragolem 
Survey about 3D printing
July 20, 2017 09:24AM
Hello, I’m doing a little survey about 3D printing. It’s mostly out of curiosity because I’m designing new open-source 3D printer and although I’m designing it mostly for myself, I plan to publish the plans online. And I would like if the design got somewhat popular (like the Hypercube or Prusa i3, but that's a quite ambitious goal), so I’m doing small market research prior to creating the printer itself. And don’t worry, it’s not market research from some company, I’m just high school students who like 3D printers. After five or seven days I will publish results here.

Survey: [docs.google.com]

PS: I apologize for my English. I’m not a native English speaker.
Re: Survey about 3D printing
July 20, 2017 09:44AM
boo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2017 10:05AM by jinx.
July 20, 2017 11:12AM
Way too long and way too many mandatory questions
July 20, 2017 02:36PM
Why does anything become popular? It's a mix of cost, USP (unique selling point) and a very healthy dose of marketing.

Prusa simplified the process of making a 3D printer. 1 sheet design with only a few rods to make the entire machine. It gave it a USP and a low cost. Chinese manufacturing put it on the map and Mr. Prusa is doing a damn fine job of riding the wave and keeping his machine at the top of the list.
July 20, 2017 03:03PM
wasn't too mandatory i filled it if thats any help

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
July 20, 2017 03:11PM
Thanks! More responses mean more data to work with. It already shows some interesting points and I will probably publish results on Monday (a bit early, but I don't have time later).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login