Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile


Where to find Vase Mode?

Posted by stan510 
Where to find Vase Mode?
July 22, 2017 03:03PM
The vase files I want to print are solid. People refer to Vase Mode which apparently prints these with a hole in the top. Is this somewhere in Repetier Host? Or is it separate software?
Thanks for any info.
Re: Where to find Vase Mode?
July 22, 2017 03:33PM
what about slice the model with cura hit the expert TAB open expect setting, see black magic on the right side spiralize the outer contour check the box and click ok. then export/import the file into repetier host....
you still need to configure cura to your printer!.
apart from that am no help hope you find an easier way.
Re: Where to find Vase Mode?
July 22, 2017 03:58PM
see slicer tab click configuration

see the general extruder setting: under that spiralise contours

fingers cross that do it...
Re: Where to find Vase Mode?
July 23, 2017 10:39PM
Vase mode is in slic3r, its for a single wall object and slowly moves the z carriage up as it prints the layer so there are no seams.

To print a hollow object you don't need to use vase mode, All you need to do is set your infill to 0% and have no top solid layers, If you want to use it with Vase mode as well set the perimeters to 1 and slice.

Cant get more simple than that
Re: Where to find Vase Mode?
July 24, 2017 04:38AM
@scotty you compared cura and slic3r , cura does vases rather well and its only a tick of a box and slice. been a while since i last used slic3r for vases
Re: Where to find Vase Mode?
July 24, 2017 06:30PM
@Jinx, all good, you gave the information for cura, i gave the information for slic3r, given the user will be using one of the two with repetier host. I have not done much work with cura so can't comment on what works better
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login