Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin - what type of termistor

Posted by Arnold 
Marlin - what type of termistor
August 23, 2017 04:01PM
Hi all, my silicon heatbed has termistor of these parameters: B25/50=3950K R25℃=100KΩ what kind of termistor should I set in latest Marlin ? There are many of similar parameters.
Re: Marlin - what type of termistor
August 23, 2017 05:26PM
100K ohm 3950 1% NTC Thermistor

This means it is a Negative Temperature Coefficient thermistor with a Beta value of 3950.
Have been using this thermister for a year and select ('1') for my thermister in Marlin, Verified with a DVM temperature probe and the readings are so close, I would except either as true.

100K ohm 3950 1% NTC Thermistor
August 24, 2017 03:56PM
thanks Ill try it.
August 26, 2017 03:32AM
I've generally found the generic white wired eBay /aliexpress ones to work best with thermistor type 11.
August 26, 2017 07:56AM
slippyr4
I've generally found the generic white wired eBay /aliexpress ones to work best with thermistor type 11.

I seem to get good reading with type 1, now that you got my interest do you have and facts that you would like to share.
Can you explain the Difference and why you choose to use type 11 for your selection with the same 100k thermister
August 26, 2017 04:41PM
Clif
I seem to get good reading with type 1, now that you got my interest do you have and facts that you would like to share.
Can you explain the Difference and why you choose to use type 11 for your selection with the same 100k thermister
first fact would be marlin calls for either 11 or 13 for the therm you described.

April 25, 2018 03:39PM
I have the cheap 100K 3950 Beta thermister as well:

[www.amazon.com]

Haven't been able to find a data sheet.

If the original thermistor was 10 K with a 4.7 K pull-up, then shouldn't the 100K therm pull-up be something like 100K ?

I'd like to compare with Heart-Steinheart calc instead. Where can I find the A-B-C coefficients for this calculation? I need a bed heat control to add to an M3D printer I just acquired. I have an Arduino program to take readings, but I can't prove the coefficients are correct. Seems to work... I'd like to try the table out of Marlin, but that's not working yet.

I did find a calculator, I might try taking my own measurements.

Thanks,
Al
February 07, 2020 02:32PM
Sorry for the very old post bump....but I'm in the same situation.
I've change thermistor,cause the original one give a "jumping value".
I've order one from amaz that have this spec: b value: 3950K + / - 1%

Original one have the 2 legs left and right (hard to pull in the hotend's hole.)
This one it's more small,and the legs are only on 1 side (I prefer)

Can I still use value 1 in Marlin,or suggest different?
February 08, 2020 09:33PM
I had the same thermistor issues with the glass bead type thermistor and used Type 11 (100k beta 3950 1% thermistor) Then there was a short and it killed my SKR.

Upgraded to HT-NTC100K Thermistor cartridge type to avoid shorting. Everyone was using type 11 or 13. I had crazy temperature swings. I didn't trust the temp tables. What I ended up doing was putting a thrmocouple probe down the throat into the nozzle and mapping out the delta between the set temp and measured temp. I ended up using the type 1 because that had the best results. +/- 5-7 degrees across the print range. I was seeing up to a 20 degree difference at the upper end of the temp (Set temp 260 and measured 240) when using the other types.
February 09, 2020 04:06AM
Ok,I think use type 1.
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login