Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CoreXY / Hypercube Z Axis don´t stop (tried everything, i guess)

Posted by Manuk 
CoreXY / Hypercube Z Axis don´t stop (tried everything, i guess)
September 20, 2017 12:24PM
Hi, this is my first post and the first 3d printer i build (an Hypercube CoreXY), and this is also my first 3d printer too!. But I was able to print just one day so far...

-My problem is that I can´t make the Z Axis to stop when the endstop is switched.
.I am using Marlin and the Hypercube Configuration.h file on thingiverse: [www.thingiverse.com] (tested both versions, with/without sensor)

This is what i did so far:

.Tried this [forums.reprap.org]
.Tweaked the enstop part on configuration.h a few times...
.Tested with different steppers, RAMPS, Motors, endstops (mechanical and proximity lj12a3)... The only Hardware i haven´t replaced is the Arduino.
.Going up and down on Z axis and switching the endstop/proximity sensor.

I´ve been a few days on this... any ideas that might help?
Re: CoreXY / Hypercube Z Axis don´t stop (tried everything, i guess)
September 20, 2017 02:04PM
hi,
you got pronteface or repetier or something with serial interface to the printer.... send m119 to the printer that will report back the statues of the endstops. does it change when the endstop pressed?. i gotta ask you plugged into the Z min header?
September 20, 2017 02:10PM
I assume it is the z=0 end stop switch. The motor direction should be set so that the motor moves the bed plate toward the z=0 switch when you send a home command. The switch should be plugged into the Zmin end stop pins on the controller. The controller should be configured to home to minimum in the z axis, and finally the end stop has to be wired correctly- there are typically 3 pins on the controller, one ground, one 3 or 5 V and one signal input.

When the switch closes you should be able to check its status with an M119 command send via pronterface or whatever host software you use. Press and hold the switch, send the M119 command, and read the Zmin switch status. then let go of the switch and send M119 again- status should have changed.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
September 20, 2017 03:22PM
Hi! Thanks for your suggestions.

When i send the M119 command in pronterface the 3 endstops works. They return triggered and opened on X,Y and Z.

I´ve also changed the motor direction on the board, connecting the cables back and front, always with the power supply/USB disconnected. And connecting the motor on both Z pin rows on the RAMPS board.
September 20, 2017 05:55PM
Check your direction of Z movement...

It needs the bed to go down when you click on z+ (as the space between the bed and the hot end needs to increase)
Use something like pronterface, some more modern interface allow you to flip direction in the interface which just breaks all attempts at testing.
Now check #define Z_HOME_DIR is -1 (it needs to be min endstop, yes even though it at the top)
Now check you have Z endstop plugged into Z min plugs on your controller

recheck endstops works with m119 and that Z min is triggered when its activated)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 05:58PM by Dust.
September 20, 2017 06:57PM
Hey, i tried that, the motor moves in the right direction, and Z_HOME_DIR is -1.
I even changed the Arduino today.

I really don´t know what to do next, maybe is related with software...

This is the Configuration.h that i am using:
[pastebin.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 07:34PM by Manuk.
September 20, 2017 09:16PM
Looks like your configuration.h is still identical to the one supplied by tech2c other than disabling the LCD (well nothing worth a mention, ie whitespace)

With notes I made previous the configuration.h from tech2c, I know this works as I'm running it on my hypercube.

idea..

When you upload new firmware in ardunio you are actually hitting upload and not just verify (which compiles but doesn't upload)

How are you testing endstops? they only get used when you home.. ie if you just move into them they don't stop anything (well they used to, not sure now...)

Have you changed anything in configuration_adv.h ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 09:26PM by Dust.
September 21, 2017 04:03PM
Hey Dust, You just solved my problem!!! Now i can finally use my 3d printerdrinking smiley

This is the solution:

"How are you testing endstops? they only get used when you home.. ie if you just move into them they don't stop anything (well they used to, not sure now...)"

In pronterface if you move the motors, they only stop on X and Y.
Also in the command window you get an echo "endstop hitted" only on X and Y, but not in Z.

The only solution was homing.

Thank you so much!

PS: This is what happens when you build a printer from scratch, but never used one before smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2017 04:22AM by Manuk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login