Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TCT show at Birmingham NEC

Posted by leadinglights 
TCT show at Birmingham NEC
September 23, 2017 03:26PM
The TCT additive manufacturing show is on at the NEC Birmingham (U.K.) on the 26th to the 28th of this month. In the past there was a thriving community RepRap hub but is seems to have got less and less active. Does anybody know if there will be anything exciting or interesting to see there? I guess I will go as it is only a few minutes away from me but I have got to the point that I will probably only do it for samples of new filaments.

Mike
Re: TCT show at Birmingham NEC
September 23, 2017 04:32PM
There will be a Duet3D stand at TCT for the first time, just across from the E3D stand. We'll have 3 printers which between them use Duet WiFi, Duet Ethernet, the Smart Effector, and our new filament monitor. One of them does 5-colour mixing. And we'll have our usual accessories including the new versions of the Duet PT100 and thermocouple adaptor boards.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 23, 2017 04:41PM
Thanks DC42,
That alone makes it worth going to the show.

Mike
September 23, 2017 04:46PM
Hi Mike I'm going and Idris is too. We're there Wednesday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 04:47PM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
September 25, 2017 04:32PM
I'll be there early doors tomorrow - only visiting. Will drop by the Duet3D stand at least to say thanks for help on a couple of projects!
September 28, 2017 03:55AM
Very interesting show. Great to meet my collaborators in the piezo project Mike and IDris in person, and also the Duet3D team, Ian/Deckingman and Doug/Dougal1957.

Technical highlight for me was a guy with his 3d printed PCB's and other super-fine detailed prints. Using FDM (some filament, some paste) he was printing with nozzles as small as 12.5 micron (yes 12.5 micron) with smallest layer heights of 6 micron! Some of the prints he showed us were mind blowing. His machines start at $100k, so it's not for the hobbyist but incredibly impressive, he's also using 5 axis so his nozzles can tilt as he prints.

[www.nscrypt.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2017 10:15AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
October 01, 2017 11:00AM
For those of you who didn't make it, I've just come across this video by Joe (3D Maker Noob) showing what were his highlights.[www.youtube.com]

The Duet stand (and my dual coreXY 5 colour printer) is covered from about 7:52. On a personal note, I have to say that I am blown away by all the positive comments and feedback that I received both during and after the show. It was good to put a few faces to names too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2017 11:00AM by deckingman.

[somei3deas.wordpress.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login