Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS GEN V1.4 & MKS TFT32 asking for help.

Posted by Dave H 
MKS GEN V1.4 & MKS TFT32 asking for help.
September 25, 2017 12:37PM
Hello,
I've been directed to this forum, that you might be able to help me.

I'm changing the main board in my CTC dual printer.
I have a MKS_GEN_V1.4 mainboard and a MKS_TFT32 display.

Has anyone else done this conversion?

I have the display plugged into aux1, the display works, but nothing else.
I installed Marlin firmware from osoypo.com, as it is the only place that I have found the board/display.

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum.

Dave
Re: MKS GEN V1.4 & MKS TFT32 asking for help.
September 25, 2017 04:18PM
You have to match the baud rate of the screen (which is really just a little computer) to the baud rate of the controller firmware
September 26, 2017 03:43AM
Had a shock last night, pressed home button and steppers started moving.

No menu on display for adjusting baud rate.

Expect I need a different program in the display.
September 26, 2017 04:11AM

but if home works, its already talking.
September 26, 2017 04:25AM
I looked for that section, but doesn't appear to be on my display, perhaps I need a different program in the display. Any suggestions, please, as to which program to install.
September 26, 2017 04:58AM
The firmware on those displays is updatable

latest firmware from [github.com]

And how you update it [osoyoo.com] use the official firmware from above not the one they link to in the example

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2017 05:02AM by Dust.
September 26, 2017 05:35AM
Thanks for the link, more options on the display now.
September 27, 2017 04:02AM
Found loads of options in the 'mks_config.txt' file

Calibration is next hurdle.
November 17, 2017 11:36PM
Does selecting a different "cfg_machine_type" give a set of slightly different menu items? I have the TFT32 and am running Smoothieware, using the latest (from git repo mentioned above) "Red style/Classic" files. The defaults are flashing fine and talking to Smoothieware fine. I'm trying to enable the option for Motors Off / "m-off", which I've seen in some screen shots for these TFT32's. It wasn't mentioned any where in the config file about disabling steppers.

I enabled all seven of the "More" buttons. They all work fine. Then I replaced the command for the first one button (which had "G28 X0") with "M18 X0", which disables steppers. It didn't work - pressing the button just locks the LCD for a bit, then it comes back to being responsive again. The M18 command works through Prontoface though.

Any ideas?
November 18, 2017 02:38AM

I prefer the tiles adds a little more colour you find it in the files as win8 style

once the firmware and baud rate are sorted have a look at the pause needs tweaking these positions are also used for fila change
#pause position (-1 is invalid; Z-axis is relative position)
>cfg_XPOS:-1 change to 10
>cfg_YPOS:-1 change to 10
>cfg_ZADD:10

else you end up extruding filament over the print

firefly
I enabled all seven of the "More" buttons. They all work fine. Then I replaced the command for the first one button (which had "G28 X0") with "M18 X0", which disables steppers. It didn't work - pressing the button just locks the LCD for a bit, then it comes back to being responsive again. The M18 command works through Prontoface though.

could it be because its already there under the set section so its ignoring the user options, be sure to have the latest V3 firmware. could be you found one off the quirks with these controllers!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2017 02:59AM by jinx.
November 18, 2017 11:29AM
jinx

firefly

could it be because its already there under the set section so its ignoring the user options, be sure to have the latest V3 firmware. could be you found one off the quirks with these controllers!

Hopefully it's not a glitch in their FW and it's just my lack of understanding of their set up. There shouldn't be any difference in how "G" and "M" commands get received by Smoothieware so I'll try another "G" command later and see how that goes.

I couldn't find anything in the menus that would indicate unlock/release/off steppers/motors, so I don't think the M18 command is being repeated.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_6258.jpg (377.5 KB)
open | download - IMG_6259.jpg (325.2 KB)
November 18, 2017 02:27PM
firefly
I couldn't find anything in the menus that would indicate unlock/release/off steppers/motors, so I don't think the M18 command is being repeated.
could be that not all styles are being updated equally

" unlock/release" just home again
November 18, 2017 03:22PM
jinx
could be that not all styles are being updated equally

The WIN8/Retro style has "M-OFF", and it works fine. Figures it would be the second last one in the list to try. Good to know that not all styles/themes have the same capabilities. Thanks for the pointer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login