Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Found some Good Cheap Couplings! smiling smiley

Posted by macsoft 
Found some Good Cheap Couplings! smiling smiley
April 04, 2011 11:13PM
I had bad Z wobble. i changed all my bushings to linear bearings, and had to do something about the couplers.
Wondering the hardware store, i found these ones! They are used for coupling rubber tubing to welding equipment. they are 8mm on one side and 6 mm on the other. some heatsheriking tube on the 5mm motor shaft worked like a charm.
Had to shave the threads on the rod to fit the 8 mm bit.

My motor shafs have a hole, so a drilled one on the couplings too, so i can take advantage of it.
I now got zero Z wobble smiling smiley and the couplings just costed 2 euros! smiling smiley sweeet!
check the pics and the video:

Re: Found some Good Cheap Couplings! smiling smiley
April 05, 2011 01:16AM
this is better than the 5/16 coupler idea i mentioned to someone! please let everyone know how long they last!
thanks!
April 05, 2011 05:11PM
Nice one Macsoft, obviously another man like myself, wandering the universe thinking "Hmmm... I wonder if I could use that on my RepRap build?" smiling smiley

What did you use to attach the threaded bar to the 'coupling'? Did you just file down the treads a bit by hand?
Regards,
No.6

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
April 05, 2011 09:20PM
me likes big noisy tools! you can file it by hand... or you can grind it in 10 seconds with a power grinder smiling smiley then hammer it in on the coupling.
thanks
April 06, 2011 07:07PM
That will do it too! smiling smiley

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login