Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lulzbot heater M305 settings?

Posted by ampapa 
Lulzbot heater M305 settings?
November 21, 2017 08:21AM
Trying to find the correct Gcode settings for a Lulzbot 24v silicone heater... has a 100k thermistor.
;M305 P0 T100000 R4700               ; Bed thermistor
I think I'm missing a "B" parameter..

Can anyone assist?

ampapa,
Re: Lulzbot heater M305 settings?
November 21, 2017 03:56PM
Lulzbot is heavily into open source; so if all else fails, find the part number from the bill of materials. Or email them and ask for the part number.

If the manufacturer publishes a resistance Vs temperature table for the thermistor, then it's better to put 3 resistance-temperature pairs into the calculator built into the configuration tool to get both B and C parameters.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 21, 2017 06:27PM
I found the following in some of the documentation but am unsure where to find that "Table?
"If using Marlin/Sprinter firmware, select temperature table #7 for the correct temperature reading."

Thanks,
November 22, 2017 04:27AM
According to [github.com], table 7 is for a 100k Honeywell 135-104LAG-J01 thermistor. According to [pdf2.datasheet.su], the beta is 3974.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

November 22, 2017 08:08AM
Many thanks for the information!

Ampapa,
November 22, 2017 09:21AM
dc42,

Does the beta really matter? most of the config.g files I see only have the T/R parameters is it helpful to have the beta?

ampapa,
November 22, 2017 12:44PM
There is a default beta value in the firmware. If you use the wrong beta then your temperature readings will be accurate at low temperatures, but not at higher temperatures.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login