Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Custom Build Bed

Posted by tonyg53 
Custom Build Bed
November 26, 2017 07:03PM
I've enlarged the build plate on my Anet A6 printer by adding another plate on top of my stock 220x220x240 so now my effective build area is 220x250x240. I can adjust the bed dimensions by changing the machine settings in Cura but the print head stops short when printing like other instructions are restricting it. I've made effective modifications so the print head has no problem reaching the new plate X & Y axis so there is no mechanical restrictions.

I'm looking at Repetier 1.0.0 and see similar dimension settings as Cura. I've never used Repetier so not sure how to interface it??? or if that's what I need to fix my problem...
Re: Custom Build Bed
November 27, 2017 06:34AM
Your printer might have limits configured in firmware that are stopping it, so that's something to check.
November 27, 2017 10:29PM
Thanks Trakyn, How can I find the printer configure settings and alter them?
November 28, 2017 02:18AM
Anet uses their own board, and possibly their own (derivative) firmware, so look for the official firmware to see if it's released. There should be a config file in amongst it somewhere. I can't really give you any detailed instructions as I've never used an anet. I know there is someone in the community who made a modified firmware for the A8, "skynet firmware" that included auto bed leveling, so that's an alternative if you can't find the official firmware.
November 28, 2017 05:44AM
original Anet-Firmware is not released - I've searched for it myself a long time ago.

2 Possibilities: Get Skynet or trash your enlargement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login