Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacup firmware just won't upload. (solved)

Posted by scrub 
Teacup firmware just won't upload. (solved)
January 19, 2018 02:19PM
I've recently decided to retry uploading Teacup firmware to my arduino nano. One problem that previously stopped me dead in the tracks was that after i build the file and want to upload it it just won't do it. Stk500v2 says timeout and "arduino" as my programmer says:
avrdude.exe: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x81

What i've tried so far:
1. changing baud rates - no change.
2. mashing the reset button in every way and configuration - no change.
3. changing programmer - no cigar.
^^^ all of the above on three different computers, and win7 as well as win8.1 on two arduino nanos.
The arduino i'm using has a CH340 chip to interface the USB. Arduino IDE works perfectly well with this arduino nano, sketches upload without a hitch.
In config tool when i click upload with "arduino" as my programmer the RX LED makes three very very brief flashes, the arduino does reset by itself because i can see the blink sketch being interrupted.
With arduino nano disconnected i get:
avrdude.exe: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified.
avrdude.exe done. Thank you.
RC = 1 - Build terminated
Upload terminated abnormally.

So my COM3 is correct. What i've tried so far makes me believe that it's an issue with config tool being completely incapable of uploading the firmware or some tiny little setting screwing everything over.
In my settings i've chosen Nanoheart as my board because it's based on arduino nano.
This right here is the only thing stopping my 3D printer project and is extremely frustrating so help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2018 10:15AM by scrub.
Attachments:
open | download - settingsteacup.png (16.7 KB)
Re: Teacup firmware just won't upload.
January 19, 2018 06:36PM
The ardunio IDE uses the following for nano with a atmega328p

avr programmer: arduino
baud rate: 57600

Please retry that combination

If your trying the even smaller ATmega168 the baud rate is different again at 19200

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2018 06:38PM by Dust.
Re: Teacup firmware just won't upload.
January 20, 2018 05:03AM
scrub
One problem that previously stopped me dead in the tracks was that after i build the file and want to upload it it just won't do it.

Try with a more simple example, e.g. Blink, coming as example code with the IDE. Uploading a large and complex firmware is exactly the same. It's also entirely fine to search in Arduino forums, a printer firmware is just another firmware.

Dust
The ardunio IDE uses the following for nano with a atmega328p

Upload baud rate depends on the bootloader in use, not the ATmega or Arduino flavour.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login