Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

External Stepper Driver carrier board schematics

Posted by Hauser 
External Stepper Driver carrier board schematics
January 26, 2018 05:15PM
Hi all,

I have a controller board with stepper drivers build in for my prusa clone. However, as I am not fully satisfied with the performance (motors are extremely noisy, especially the Z axis), I want to use some external drivers. The board makes available 4 pins for it, so it should not be a problem. However, I am in need of some carrier boards for these drivers, something such as this:

[www.aliexpress.com]

I could buy those and be done with it, but I would rather build my own and have the 3 drivers on a single board.

Does somebody have the schematics for it? I've been looking around but haven't found anything. I could be really helpful.

Thanks in advance
Re: External Stepper Driver carrier board schematics
January 26, 2018 11:17PM
[reprap.org]

or if you want it really simple
[reprap.org]
January 27, 2018 01:55AM
I'd recommend getting Kicad and layout the board. Three drivers with motor, logic, and power connectors plus a capacitor for each driver should take about 5 minutes to create.
January 27, 2018 02:22AM
why not just use a cnc stepper sheild? eg [blog.protoneer.co.nz]

Just grab the pins you need and go...

The 4 driver version (you only populate what you want) is available from most cheap electronics suppliers
January 27, 2018 06:33AM
You answer assuming the OP is right in blaming the stepper drivers !
Even more, the circuits you propose are probably the same as the ones used in his board.

Oh yeah, we know there are four pins involved. Funny isn't ?

How about reading about stepper and their drivers, DC42 made a good summary around here.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
January 27, 2018 10:35AM
etfrench
I'd recommend getting Kicad and layout the board. Three drivers with motor, logic, and power connectors plus a capacitor for each driver should take about 5 minutes to create.

Yeah, that was my intention exactly.

Thank all for your inputs!
January 27, 2018 10:38AM
Dust

or if you want it really simple
[reprap.org]

I think that's the one which looks the same as the one I posted... many thanks!
January 29, 2018 12:44AM
these driver board panels cost 3.00 ech and it is estimating it to cost 18.33 to make it yourself? So hot smiley3) that's 54.99 vs 9.00? Why not just buy 3 of the things for $3 ech and print yourself a really nice panel/box to mount them on/in? Or am I missing something besides the obvious satisfaction of building your own circuit? And don't get me wrong, I often build my own parts when it would only cost a couple of dollars to source so I understand, but that's my love of diy with also the fact that I am normally broke factoring in to the situation.... eye rolling smiley A little of column A, a little of column B...
January 29, 2018 01:18AM
S1CAR1US
these driver board panels cost 3.00 ech and it is estimating it to cost 18.33 to make it yourself? So X (3) that's 54.99 vs 9.00? Why not just buy 3 of the things for $3 ech and print yourself a really nice panel/box to mount them on/in? Or am I missing something besides the obvious satisfaction of building your own circuit?

Yep, you've missed that the estimate of $18.33 also includes the cost of the stepper driver, heatsink, crimp pins and connector. Without those it would be $2.97.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login