Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beacon 3D Printer

Posted by MatthewHall 
Re: Beacon 3D Printer
March 14, 2018 03:10PM
Of course you know I dream about a duet !!!!!!!

I might consider it, I think these day the €/£ is not that bad...
I'm particularly interested in the "silent" aspect of the duet, as my current printer, a Kossel with a Smoothieboard is quite noisy it's keeping me from running it a night, which really reduce the thing i can print...

Is the duet comparable to the TMC2130 (used in the prusa I3)? I've just read that the duet use TMC2660 ?
March 14, 2018 04:59PM
The TMC2660 is the big brother of the TMC2130 - similar feature set (x256 microstepping, microstep interpolation, temperature monitoring etc.) but capable of nearly double the current. When we designed the generation 2 Duet, we rejected the TMC2130 because it overheats at too low a current - lower even than the A4988. The 2130 is fine if the motors are chosen to match it (using 24V power helps a lot), but its current capability isn't good enough for users who expect at least as much output capability as a A4988.

I think you will find that the price of a Duet is comparable to the price of a genuine Smoothieboard once you include the price of the add-on 5V regulator for the Smoothieboard (which is included as standard on the Duet).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2018 05:10PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 17, 2018 01:59PM
Melty
MatthewHall
Being a student is rough.

Hey, just wanted to say good luck and keep at it. Education is important, at any stage of life. thumbs up

Thanks for this! Sometimes I wish I could spend more time on projects but school "gets in the way" haha
March 30, 2018 02:26AM
Hello Matthew !
Do you think you could release your files in the wild ?

Any way good luck with your study, I've been there, and it was the fun part so enjoy it !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login