Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New user of marlin with some questions

Posted by jesse002100 
New user of marlin with some questions
February 03, 2018 06:29PM
I converted a anet a8 to marlin 1.1.8 on a 3030 frame (rebelix) and I got it to print well on small objects but on larger the bed leveling seems to off by quite a bit. I've leveled it several times thru the menu and it does a 9 point leveling before each print. Hopefully these pics attach as this is my first post. Second issue is the screen goes to gibberish and will come back if I hit the center button but it has seemingly caused the printer to stop and reset or it was a coincidence. And lastly the center of the slicer does not print on the center of the bed its off a good but on x/Y.
If anyone can help with the gibberish of a bed leveling compensation I'd greatly appreciate it
Thanks, Jesse
[photos.app.goo.gl]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 06:32PM by jesse002100.
Re: New user of marlin with some questions
February 03, 2018 07:41PM
jesse002100
I've leveled it several times thru the menu and it does a 9 point leveling before each print.
[photos.app.goo.gl]

You can save bed leveling data using M500 or menu "Store settings". And by adding "M420 S1" to end of start G-Code. Other Unified bed leveling functions do not work with linear or Bi-linear bed leveling.
G92 E0 ;reset extruder length (last line of my G-Code)
M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On

Be sure to remove the Auto Bed Leveling Command from Startup G-Code

jesse002100
Second issue is the screen goes to gibberish and will come back if I hit the center button but it has seemingly caused the printer to stop and reset or it was a coincidence.
[photos.app.goo.gl]

Not sure why but my controller hates the LCD wires being close to each other. I ended up using aluminum foil Duct Tape, and taped each ribbon cable to opposite sides of the t-Slot.

jesse002100
And lastly the center of the slicer does not print on the center of the bed its off a good but on x/Y.
[photos.app.goo.gl]

Have never got my 3D Printer to Home dead center bed but it is close. I think it is because the X, Y offset for Z-Axis Proximity sensor location, changes the home position calculation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login