Advanced

Arcol Hot End and Licenses

Posted by draeician 
Re: Arcol Hot End and Licenses
April 20, 2011 05:26AM
Done. Meet the BudaSchnozzle!

Thanks Jeff. That's a nice way to resolve this matter. smiling bouncing smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 21, 2011 02:16AM
I just figured out the source of your problems with this license...
April 28, 2011 01:37AM
I don't feel happy about the license either
April 28, 2011 03:11AM
I don't feel happy about the license either

Why? It is now GPL along with cc by-nc. Which means it is unfair to bump this thread, reactivating it and causing Laszlo emotional or financial distress.

Which is I'm closing this thread. sad smiley

I am glad that Jeff straightened this out, and demonstrated nophead's point regarding the relationship between copyright, licenses, cad files, and physical hardware. (There is now a wiki merge notice linking
http://reprap.org/wiki/Arcol.hu_Hot-End_Version_3.0
and
http://reprap.org/wiki/BudaSchnozzle
in our docs.)

And Jeff also demonstrated how RepRap deals with stuff like this.

I think entrepreneurs will get the idea, and will not wave "NC!" and "ND!" takedown notices at each other in angry, drama-filled cat fights. That's really what I was trying to avoid, when I realized that CC-NC and CC-ND may not be appropriate for reprap stuff: a half dozen entrepreneurs saying: "You can't make copies of my board, I'm going to sue! Sebastien, if you don't take down his wiki page and close that forum thread I'm going to sue (or write angry things in my blog)."

Blerg.

People are welcome to discuss CC-NC and CC-ND in a new thread, but we're not bumping this one and getting all lynch-mobby at Laszlo.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.