Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Identifying Control Board

Posted by snave1954 
Help Identifying Control Board
March 21, 2018 04:29PM
Need help IDing board shown in attached pic. Supplied in UK with low end delta printer .- attached to small LCD display via single ribbon cable.

Printer it was supplied with is one of those supplied with unearthed IEC mains connector- yuk!

Want to flash with Marlin.

Googled image and description with no luck so far.
Attachments:
open | download - board BW.jpg (320.8 KB)
Re: Help Identifying Control Board
March 21, 2018 08:46PM
There are a few extra chips on that board, compared to most 8bit, so im wondering if this is actually a 32bit board..

It also look like the chip is labled ARM

Whats the numbers on the large black chip ?
March 22, 2018 03:11AM
Looks like an 8-bit board to me because it has a separate USB interface chip. The processors used in 32-bit boards have the USB interface built in.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 22, 2018 04:06AM
Spot on Dust - chip is ARM STM32F103.

Like dc42 I had assumed it was an 8 bit board (stupidly failed to check chip markings) - surprising as it was supplied with a very cheap printer from Shenzhen TIZIO Tech Co.
March 22, 2018 04:45AM
snave1954
Spot on Dust - chip is ARM STM32F103.

Like dc42 I had assumed it was an 8 bit board (stupidly failed to check chip markings) - surprising as it was supplied with a very cheap printer from Shenzhen TIZIO Tech Co.

OK, I was wrong. However, in one sense I am not surprised, because the atmega2560 is a relatively expensive chip and ARM chips cost less. So it stands to reason that a low-cost printer with custom electronics should use an ARM chip.

I'm puzzled by the extra chip that appears to be connected to the USB socket. Does it have any markings?

The chip near the top of the photo is probably a level shifter for the mosfet gate drive.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 22, 2018 07:05AM
Chip near USB socket is CH340G - appently a USB to serial chip used in place of the usual FTDI.

Looks line I will need Marlin 2 with appropriate HAL.

My latest version of Marlin 2 bugfix has a HAL for STM32F103 boards used with libmaple/stm32duino Arduino core

The readme in this HAL makes mention of Malyan M200 (103CBT6), Chitu 3d (103ZET6), and custom boards(103VET6). - could not find much info on these boards

ARM STM32F103 documentation seems to require bootloader pins (BOOT0 and BOOT1) to be configured. The board has a 5 pin header near the ARM chip which I am guessing may be used for this purpose.
March 22, 2018 07:16AM
It is odd that a stm32 is using a usb/serial chip.... when they come with inbuilt and better usb support... Perhaps the coding was to much for them or it took to many resources.

But yea your going to have to Trace out your board... make a custom pin out for it... That will get most of it working but the screen is still a big unknown.
March 22, 2018 01:52PM
perhaps the people who designed the board just did a copy-pasta maneuver of another popular design and just modified it to make it work with their selected cpu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login