Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Electronics Club

Posted by Nicco 
Electronics Club
April 22, 2011 03:03AM
Hi ,
I would like to start an electronics club at my school and i want the first project to be a 3d printer build. I wasn't sure whether to get a thing-o-matic kit or a build a Prusa Mendel. The printer will be printing out parts to build Mendels and Prusa Mendels because my goal is to let everyone in the club have their own printer. I didn't know which printer to pick because i was wondering if it would be really hard to print get a reprap to print out quality parts. Keep in mind that the builders will be high school students that know nothing about these printers. I was also planning on selling these parts to help raise money for the club. Id really like to build a reprap Prusa because of the bigger build platform but if i wont be able to fine tune it to print great parts then i would have to get a thing-o-matic. So what I'm trying to say is, is it really hard to get a Prusa Mendel fine tuned and printing out parts better than Thing-o-matic would ?
Re: Electronics Club
April 22, 2011 04:14AM
Drop in on these guys
[www.sktechworks.ca]
[forums.reprap.org]
They can show you a working machine.smiling bouncing smiley

and good luck!

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login