Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D pen questions / reccomendations

Posted by tmorris9 
3D pen questions / reccomendations
April 17, 2018 08:11PM
OK so I am thinking of getting a 3D pen and am looking for recommendations. 2 things I would really like is one that can do ABS as well as PLA & one that takes 3mm filament (since I have 30 rolls or so on hand at any given time). Now the last one is not an absolute must but it would be handy to use the filament I already own. If everybody says the best pen by far is but uses 1.75 well I guess I can live with that but 2 filament types is going to be a must or I just won't get one.

Thanks for any advice.
Re: 3D pen questions / reccomendations
April 18, 2018 12:35AM
I don't think there are many 3D pen users here. That being said, I've heard they all kinda suck and die pretty quickly, even the name brand ones. I think I heard it was the extruder motor that usually bites the dust or something.
Re: 3D pen questions / reccomendations
April 18, 2018 02:54AM
Only 1.75mm, cheap stuff you find on Ali or Banggood. There are two models basically, one you can adjust T° and it displays it, a cheaper one where you adjust the T° with a trimpot. I got the cheapest and it is OK even for ABS (It stinks the same as from a printer).
I use it as a hot glue gun, to fix, fill, repair. Does a good job.
Don't expect to be able to "draw in the air" and make useful things out of it though; unless you can interpret Gcode and move your hand accordingly smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2018 02:55AM by MKSA.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login