Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone want to loan me some PLA?

Posted by daufhammer 
Anyone want to loan me some PLA?
April 25, 2011 11:56PM
Would anyone (probably in the US) want to loan me just a short amount of PLA filament? Im currently building the extruder for my repstrap and don't want to buy a whole spool until i know i can get an extruder working.

Once i get the extruder up and running i would gladly mail you back the same amount of PLA once i buy my own spool.

Let me know! Thanks!
-Drew
Re: Anyone want to loan me some PLA?
April 26, 2011 01:39AM
I can send you a couple ounces, not something that you would even need to send back. A couple bucks is no big deal.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
April 26, 2011 01:47AM
I can give you some 3mm PLA filaments. If you are in CO, let me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2011 01:48AM by 13thfloor.
April 26, 2011 08:43PM
Hey NewPerfection, a couple ounces would be awesome!!! I will send you a personal message with my address and other relevant info!!!

Sorry 13thfloor, i live in CA, but thanks for the offer!

p.s. Being pretty new to the RepRap community (around a year), I have really appreciated all the willingness to help that i have found from everyone involved! I plan to continue to stay involved and help along people who are just getting started as my RepRap knowledge grows!
April 27, 2011 02:28AM
I can send you what ultimachine sends me as extra whenever I order something from them. I have a bit of green and blue pla. Why does this forum think I'm spamming?

-John, San Diego, CA

www.youtube.com/user/GeoDroidJohn

MrJohnEcker on Twitter, Gmail
April 27, 2011 02:39AM
Why does this forum think I'm spamming?

It's a glitch I haven't tracked down yet.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 27, 2011 02:43AM
Thanks MrJohn, that would be awesome! Any spare bits PLA would be much appreciated as i finish and test my extruder! I will PM you with my address!

Also, I just checked out your kickstarter page, pretty great idea! I really like how you are trying to keep RepRap parts affordable by printing lots of parts and offering them at as low of a cost as you can!
April 28, 2011 02:36PM
Sebastian, I've noticed that it happens most when I take a long time to compose a message, and if I leave it for a couple hours, it's practically certain to happen.

Maybe something to do with timeouts or expiration times?

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
April 29, 2011 08:39AM
I have the regular clear 3mm pla without color additives. if you pm me with your address I will ship some out your way. I live in Oregon. could send you 4 meters worth. no need to replace, only a few bucks.
April 29, 2011 12:17PM
Thanks Jamesdanielv!!!

Yeah I will send you a PM. 4 meters would be great and a huge help!
April 30, 2011 06:17AM
already shipped. check your pm message!
April 30, 2011 02:52PM
Awesome! Thanks jamesdanielv! It's going to be a huge help!!!
May 03, 2011 10:43PM
Thanks jamesdanielv.... I got the PLA in the mail yesterday!!! I really appreciate the favor!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login