Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PETG

Posted by RC-CnC 
PETG
April 22, 2018 01:16AM
There are alot of brands of PETG out there. Are there any that aren't so glossy. Im not really digging the shiny appearance.
Re: PETG
April 22, 2018 02:07AM
RC-CnC
There are alot of brands of PETG out there. Are there any that aren't so glossy. Im not really digging the shiny appearance.

This is what I've used:

3dxpro Low Gloss PETG

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2018 02:08AM by klcjr89.
April 22, 2018 09:26PM
I'm using AMZ3D PETG. It comes out with a matt finish if it's printed at a low temp and speed.
April 23, 2018 07:47PM
Checked it out on amazon.ca They won't ship to the US UGH!!!
April 23, 2018 09:25PM
RC-CnC
Checked it out on amazon.ca They won't ship to the US UGH!!!

What about the link I provided?
April 29, 2018 07:20PM
funny thing about petg, the crystaline structure (and therefore appearance) is heavily dependent on how fast it was cooled, if you want less glossy you can try any combo of the following, print higher temp, slower, taller layers, wide extrusions, no cooling fan.

Its when you cool it quickly that it gets a nice smooth shiny finish
April 29, 2018 09:14PM
I ordered a spool of Yoyi transparent green PETG from amazon at 10am and received it at 6pm today (Sunday!). My very first print with PETG- 240C extruder 90C bed (clean PEI on cast aluminum tooling plate). I see one string, and it glows nicely under UV:

We'll see what the surface looks like when it's finished. The print is a bracket to mount a Duet controller board in UMMD.

I measured in 30 places and average diameter came out to 1.74mm, worst case measurement was off by 0.03 mm (1.72 mm)

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login