Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual Direct Drive Extruder with one Motor

Posted by MechaBits 
Dual Direct Drive Extruder with one Motor
April 24, 2018 08:39PM
Looks like a challenge to design, maybe(probably) the motors arent strong enough, maybe another model, first time i've seen them.

[www.ebay.co.uk]
Re: Dual Direct Drive Extruder with one Motor
April 24, 2018 10:42PM
What is it? Is that two independent shafts at the end? i.e. that shoulder on the shaft is actually another shaft sitting over the other one as a sleeve? Can't say I've seen that before, what's the advantage over two regular steppers?
April 24, 2018 10:57PM
yeah 2 shaft's i'd never seen b4 either so I posted it, probably no advantage over 2 back to back but all thats needed is to find a use for it.
April 25, 2018 01:56AM
Looks like two seperate motors in one housing with coaxial shafts, two sets of four wires.
April 25, 2018 08:43AM
I can not find anything about this style stepper over the Web.

They say see is believing though I can not find specs, what is the Stepper Model number maybe with the Model I can get he Specs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2018 08:43AM by Roberts_Clif.
April 25, 2018 08:56AM
The different shaft diameters will make it difficult to find hobbed gears or pulleys. Radial force has to be low, otherwise the inner shaft will rub against the outer shaft.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2018 08:56AM by o_lampe.
April 25, 2018 09:29AM
Published on April the first ?

BTW, the description states: for analog clock. This set up makes sense as there is no need for gears and it can be used for a 24h dial clock.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
April 25, 2018 09:53AM
As mentioned, this kind of thing is very common in clocks. I've never seen one in a nema form factor though.
April 25, 2018 11:10AM
I think they cobbled together a couple existing motors to make this. 200 step/rev isn't particularly useful for a clock. It would make much more sense for a clock motor to have some multiple of 60 as the steps per rev.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
April 25, 2018 02:05PM
Is each shaft long enough for a hobbed gear? This has a lot of potential to drive something like a chimera / cyclops hotend. Weight would be similar but form factor would be as small as it gets without going bowden

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2018 02:05PM by Origamib.
April 25, 2018 02:19PM
the_digital_dentist
I think they cobbled together a couple existing motors to make this. 200 step/rev isn't particularly useful for a clock. It would make much more sense for a clock motor to have some multiple of 60 as the steps per rev.

Would be non standard regarding the stamped metal sheets used in the construction. Here rotor and stator are standard. Bean counter sense smiling smiley

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login