Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Printer Movement issues..

Posted by DaGameFace 
Delta Printer Movement issues..
April 29, 2018 06:43PM
So I'm trying to set up a bl touch on a Rostock max V 1 that had a bad rambo (now has a ramps). So now I have the firmware mostly done I have run into some rather confusing issues. G28, homes fine, G29 homes then gets stuck at the top (at least one of the axis tries to move past home). In this video I show how it behaves with the G33 command right untill I kill the power because the carriage crashes into a beam. Even stranger, the printer seems to respond normally to xyz G1 commands unless the x/y movement is too far (but still within the printable radius) then one of the axis will seemingly randomly start moving to the max end of its axis untill yet again it crashes..

I can't seem to find the error in my firmware, Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2018 06:44PM by DaGameFace.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (70.4 KB)
Re: Delta Printer Movement issues..
April 29, 2018 08:40PM
The plot thickens, an x movement of 40mm results in 60mm of movement despite taking my values from the old Repetier firmware..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2018 08:40PM by DaGameFace.
April 29, 2018 10:38PM
Could you be missing a microstepping jumper?

The homing is a big odd, have you tested your microswitches to see if they're responding correctly?
April 30, 2018 02:10PM
Yes they do respond correctly, A g28 was working just fine.

Turns out I had made an error when transcribing the delta radius that was causing the G29 issues as well as xy movement issues. All Z movements work just fine.

Now that I have corrected the radius, g28 and g29 are both working and I could probably print, however G33 will measure the first couple points correctly only to crash the nozzle into the bed later
April 30, 2018 05:18PM
So it crashes into the bed while probing or once it starts the print?
April 30, 2018 07:47PM
hadnt tried a print and by crashing later I meant that the g33 would crash during its probing routine.

It is working now luckily, turns out a combination of corrected delta mechanics values and steps/mm seems to have resolved the issue. This printer was supposed to come with 16 tooth idlers but apparently it actually has 15 tooth idlers giving it the strange s/mm of 106.66667.

still dont understand why the g33 would cause a crash, but im glad its fixed now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2018 07:47PM by DaGameFace.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login