Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3D v6 clone

Posted by kuncoft 
Re: E3D v6 clone
June 13, 2018 10:55AM
Update on the cheapo hot-end: I installed it a few weeks ago but haven't had a chance to do much printing with it because I've been installing a Duet Ethernet controller board. Two things I have discovered. First, in setting up the Duet I managed to drive the bed up into the nozzle very hard. The XRC3D heat-break didn't even flinch. I did that once with a V6 and it bent the heat-break. Second, when I take the chamber temperature up to 45C, the super quiet fan starts making noise like a "normal" fan. When the temperature goes back down, it gets quiet again. I suspect that there's some high viscosity oil that provides lube and damping in the bearings and when it heats up the viscosity drops and so it does a little less damping.

I installed a PT100 sensor along with the Duet board, so I can run temperatures over 300C now, which means printing PC filament and others should be possible.

The metal Titan extruder arrived yesterday, so I'll be working on the modifications to bring the feed tube all the way up to the drive gear soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 10:56AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
June 19, 2018 01:10PM
Update: the formerly super quiet fan is now a normal fan. It seems that operating it at 45C for a while permanently affects its operation. Blog post on it here.

I got the aluminum Titan and have been printing with it after modifying it to extend the filament guide tube. The modification was about 10 minutes of effort. It seems to work well. Blog post here.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
June 20, 2018 11:07AM
This hot-end looks like what happens when an e3d clone and a hexagon are left alone for too long without a chaperone. smiling bouncing smiley

They still have't figured out where to properly mount a thermistor, either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login