Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mounting Piezo Disc to Titan Aero

Posted by Fiyero88 
Mounting Piezo Disc to Titan Aero
May 10, 2018 11:03PM
I'm having a real tough time figuring out how to mount a precision piezo disc to my Titan aero setup as my extruder motor isn't flush again the mounting bracket. I know they work by pressure and I've seen Titan aero piezo disc set ups but none that look like how my Titan aero is set up. Any ideas guys?
Attachments:
open | download - 20180510_230140.jpg (232.7 KB)
Re: Mounting Piezo Disc to Titan Aero
May 11, 2018 12:09PM
Consider what the disk does and the answer becomes obvious.

The disc is used as a sensor for when the nozzle contacts the print surface, therefore it must go at the top of the nozzle. You are going to need to extend the throat of the nozzle so that the sensor disc can sit above it, and below the X carriage bars so that pressure against the nozzle will transmit to the piezo disc. This may take some slightly different fabrication than others, but the principle is exactly the same.

MBot3D Printer
MakerBot clone Kit from Amazon
Added heated bed.

Leadscrew self-built printer (in progress)
Duet Wifi, Precision Piezo parts
May 11, 2018 01:16PM
I'm trying not to modify anything as my entire Carriage is expensive aluminum and I think extending the throat could work but defeats the purpose of having the aero as the aero gives you more z height as it removes their long heat sink and implements it into the aero heat sink against the extruder. I purchased a IR differential sensor and it doesn't work with my Ultrabase(can't win lol) so I decided to try piezo and looks like that won't work either.
Attachments:
open | download - 20180511_130920.jpg (144.3 KB)
May 11, 2018 07:37PM
It may be possible to integrate it into the plastic body of the titan, however you would have to 3D print the plastic titan section to your own design.
May 11, 2018 08:05PM
That's what I was thinking I'll probably just have to find a small space somewhere and stick it in it with a plastic holder for the disc to bend
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login