RepRap Is 10!
May 29, 2018 01:24PM
Just a quick post to say that today is RepRap's 10th Birthday.

At 14:00 hours UTC on 29 May 2008 at Bath University in the UK the first child RepRap Darwin printed on the original parent RepRap Darwin and assembled by Ed Sells, Vik Olliver and me printed the first grandchild RepRap part.

Without the thousands of RepRap volunteers, tinkerers, writers, makers, doers of RepRappy things (and critics) the project would never have worked. If you're on these forums that's you, and I would like to say: Thank You. I have had a long, varied and enjoyable research career and you made RepRap the most enjoyable of all the research projects that I have done in my whole life.

With my gratitude and love

Adrian
Re: RepRap Is 10!
May 29, 2018 01:53PM
Happy 10th birthday RepRap.

Thank you for all of the pleasures of making things that we couldn't imagine having the resources to make before we could build our own 3D printers. The delight of designing, making and using our own devices and artworks is hugely rewarding even when set against the challenges - and there have been been many.

Mike
VDX
May 29, 2018 01:59PM
smileys with beer to all!

It was (is) a really interesting experience cool smiley

And here the link to Adrian's interview - [3dprintingindustry.com]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 29, 2018 10:51PM
Certainly been life changing for many of us. Thank you for you contributions Mr Bower
May 30, 2018 02:53AM
Congratulations and thank you for everything you have done to found and further the RepRap project. And thankyou for printing the part I ordered through 3D Hubs some time ago (still working great)! It was very interesting to come and see your machines - it certainly opened my eyes to the variety of other machines (Ormerod, Deltas etc).

JK3D Blog - [jk3d.wordpress.com]
May 30, 2018 06:39AM
Thank you for keeping me constantly broke, since you introduced me to the best hobby ever winking smiley grinning smiley
May 30, 2018 06:54AM
We are grateful Mr. Bowyer.

Thanks.....
May 30, 2018 10:02AM
Happy Birthday RepRap and thank you very much for championing this beautiful idea Adrian smiling smiley

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
May 30, 2018 10:34AM
Thank you for starting such a wonderful project, which has provided countless hours of fun, frustration and fruitfulness for so many (probably) millions now.

And thank you for supporting Mike and I to write our recent paper.

Happy Birthday Reprap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2018 10:34AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
May 31, 2018 11:12AM
I might have been a little late to the Party, & not come in a 3D Printed Costume, but still had a good time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login