Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tool change firmware modification

Posted by swaroop 
tool change firmware modification
June 13, 2018 03:51AM
I built a Prusa with a dual extruder where tool change happens with the help of servo.

the sequence of tool change that is currently happening;

• ...Z lift by 10mm
  • ...servo changes tool
  • ...X axis and Z axis(10mm) moves offset simultaneously
this is the normal operation

The sequence of movement that I require is;
  • ...Z lift by 10mm
  • ...servo changes tool
  • ...X axis should move and then
  • ...Zaxis should lower 10mm

Can someone Help please.

Thankyou in advance.
VDX
Re: tool change firmware modification
June 13, 2018 04:22AM
... I've modified Pronterface with special tool-changing routines, where it's normal G-code with offset in XYZ and could be expanded with any other G- or M-code sequence.

Is simpler and more flexible/expandable, than in the firmware ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 13, 2018 05:05AM
i am trying to make it in the firmware so that its easier for operation... along with the tool change command if we could incorporate this, it would be really helpful for further tweeks
VDX
June 13, 2018 05:27AM
... it's OK with the firmware too - but then you have to flash with every minor change.

My setups are very different for variable machine types and with varying tool-counts and combinations (camera, dispenser, extruder, laser, cutter, engraver, ...) even on the same machine/firmware with changing the target application or mechanical setup ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 13, 2018 06:33AM
We are building a printer to print inside a cup(petri dish)... so the change in extruder can lead to the nozzle hitting the brim of the cup
June 13, 2018 07:16AM
If you are going to need a lot of this sort of thing and your budget allows, you might wish to consider using electronics that supports RepRapFirmware. With RepRapFirmware, the actions performed when you do tool changes, pausing the print, resuming, print resumption after power failure, homing, deploying/retracting Z probes etc. are defined by GCode macro files that are stored on the SD card, and can be modified using the editor in the web interface. So it's quick and easy to change them.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login