bout ready to give up
June 18, 2018 01:42PM
Hi, I have a small 200 by200mm printer (jgaurora) I cannot get it to print at center of bed, I have spent hours trying internet theories, I have opened confi H, changed the values in the section " travel limits after homing corresponding to end stop positions. When I try to justify or load I get errors that mean nothing to me, I don't know how to correct them. I read about guys making changes and loading changes all the time, what am I missing? It prints 15mm towards front of center in the Y and 30mm towards left of center in X.
Terry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2018 01:44PM by skaha.
Re: bout ready to give up
June 18, 2018 04:06PM
Took a quick look at a couple models downloaded firmware and It looks like Marlin 1.1.6, but to be able to help, might need jgaurora model.
Would help to know what Slicer and version you are using.

skaha
I have opened confi H, changed the values in the section " travel limits after homing corresponding to end stop positions. When I try to justify or load I get errors that mean nothing to me,
Terry

Would help to know what changes you made
Would help to know the errors you are getting
June 19, 2018 02:31PM
Thanks for your reply, the slicer I am using is Slic3r prusa edition, here are the errors I have received after making changes in config h : static assertion failed
movement bounds (xy] min pos, [xy] max pos are too narrow to contain [xy] bed size. The change I am attempting is in section "Travel limits after homing"
define x min pos from 0 to pos 30

define y min pos from 0 to neg15

Hope this makes sense, all I am trying to do is have printer start printing in middle of bed, everything else works great.
PS the printer model Is a JGAURORA a3 bed size measures 215x215 over all.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
Terry
June 19, 2018 03:30PM
It should look something like this

// Travel limits after homing (units are in mm)
#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MIN_POS 0
#define X_MAX_POS 215
#define Y_MAX_POS 215
#define Z_MAX_POS 200

You also need to check bed size in your slicer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2018 03:30PM by adambrum.
June 19, 2018 03:30PM
When you are on the X & Y end stops how far away is the bed in the X and Y direction
It appears
X=30mm
Y=15mm
Is this correct?

// - Prevent Z homing when the Z probe is outside bed area.
#define Z_SAFE_HOMING

Centers the nozzle on the bed (sort of).
#if ENABLED(Z_SAFE_HOMING)
#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT ((X_MIN_POS + X_MAX_POS) / 2) // X point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28).
#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT ((Y_MIN_POS + Y_MAX_POS) / 2) // Y point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28).
#endif

It appears you have the same controller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2018 03:33PM by Roberts_Clif.
June 19, 2018 07:29PM
It appears the nozzle is 30mm to the left of the bed, and 15mm towards the front of the machine when all is homed. So I guess the first thing I need to do is figure out how to position the bed after all home ?
Terry
June 20, 2018 03:06AM
Your homing position is set by the home switches, sound like they need moving
VDX
June 20, 2018 03:27AM
... no need to move the switches - simply change the "MANUAL_*_HOME_POS" values

// @section homing

// The position of the homing switches
#define MANUAL_HOME_POSITIONS // If defined, MANUAL_*_HOME_POS below will be used

// Manual homing switch locations:
#ifdef MANUAL_HOME_POSITIONS
#define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS 0
#define MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS 500
#define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 198
//#define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 402 // For delta: Distance between nozzle and print surface after homing.
#endif

// @section movement

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 21, 2018 10:40AM
You can use negative values here so if the X endstop is 30mm to the left of the 0,0 origin you want, set

#define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS -30

This allows the firmware to know that when homed X=-30, the next movement command will move the nozzle to 0, and using

#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MIN_POS 0
#define X_MAX_POS 215
#define Y_MAX_POS 215
#define Z_MAX_POS 200

INSERT YOUR OWN MAX VALUES

Will mean that once homed the nozzle won't go back to -30.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2018 10:40AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
June 21, 2018 03:07PM
Thanks guys for all your help, I finally just moved my endstops and am very close to printing in the center. It seemed every time I tried to change anything it wouldn't allow me to change and flash the firmware, always came up with some error.
Terry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login