Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Way off subject!

Posted by Roberts_Clif 
Way off subject!
July 04, 2018 12:39PM
Columbia Cup hydroplanes: It’s about to get loud

Cal Phipps in the U-27 Wiggins Racing unlimited hydroplane went airborne last year during qualifying for the Gold Cup on the Columbia River.
The boats will be back in the water starting Friday as the annual even revs up in the Tri-Cities. Cortesy Owen Blauman.

Race Schedule

The H1 Unlimited boats will run testing and qualifying on July 27, Friday, two sets of preliminary heats on Saturday, and then two more rounds of
preliminary heats on Sunday before the main event, the Columbia Cup, at 4 p.m.

[images.search.yahoo.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2018 03:53PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: Way off subject!
July 04, 2018 01:02PM
Would be nice to have an introduction as to why you would post this here smiling smiley Now it just looks like a spammy ad.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
July 04, 2018 03:51PM
Not spam just looking forward to going it is the only thing here worth doing. No Pro Sports. No Auto Racing. And the county fair is so boring.

Plus no one on the Forum is close enough or really wants to go, Again not Advertising.
And I was so excited when I saw it wanted to share, posted without thinking.
If you believe it is spam, you have my permission to delete it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2018 04:03PM by Roberts_Clif.

VDX
July 04, 2018 05:45PM
... should I eventually add an "off topic" forum?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 04, 2018 07:45PM
No> like I said was just overwhelmed by the thought of the Races that I posted my enthusiasm.
The First Hydroplane will be here this Friday. So I lost it for a short time and posted my enthusiasm.

If you was ever at a Unlimited Hydroplane Race, then you know where I coming from.
If not it is like pushing past thru all the onlookers at the couloir taking that first 6 foot vertical jump into the couloir off an extreme Ski slop at the start of your run.
(" For those of us who are lucky enough to have skied Mountains with altitudes over 12,000 feet around the world ")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2018 08:25PM by Roberts_Clif.

July 04, 2018 08:20PM
This isn't Facebook.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
July 04, 2018 09:14PM
the_digital_dentist
This isn't Facebook.

Never been on Facebook have no ideal what they do there! Though "This isn't Facebook." from what I hear is Exactly like Facebook.
And Now it sure feels like I am personally being persecuted for a simple post.

If you have read all my posts. You will see that what I have done is more than my fair share of helping everyone this includes enhancing the popularity of the Forum.

Again "You have my permission to delete "Way off subject!" in it's entirety ." This is my final post on this matter.

July 05, 2018 01:23AM
At least you posted here in "General" where 90% of the posts are misplaced despite having their own category !

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
July 05, 2018 01:41AM
@VDX
I wouldn't mind a 'tech-talk' subforum, where people can share those topics. Just like the 'look what I've made' section with strictly technical stuff related threads.
VDX
July 06, 2018 02:38AM
... OK, created a "tech-talk"-forum - [reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

July 06, 2018 04:18AM
VDX
OK, created a "tech-talk"-forum - [reprap.org]

like the idea, but Tech talk" just seems wrong drinking smiley we talking tech all over the reprap forum ,I thought/thinking its gonna be a section for members to share off topic things the odd, strange, funny kind of thing, but above all things which could be of interest too other who may have not discovered it yet..

couple light hearted suggestion would:
something strange.
something else.
not on the record!
VDX
July 06, 2018 04:46AM
... so why not the first suggestion "off topic"?

Viktor
--------

July 06, 2018 05:00AM

so why not the first suggestion "off topic"?
am easy with that title but it just doesnt grab you like "have I got news for you " kind of fun moment.
July 06, 2018 07:33AM
That's all fine until it devolves into people posting cat videos.

[vimeo.com]

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
July 06, 2018 08:46AM
Well, if it's cats with technology that can't be bad smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login