Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder stepper motor is not working????

Posted by the robobuilder 
extruder stepper motor is not working????
August 23, 2018 05:49PM
when i print something my extruder stepper motor starts to vibrate but doesnt move,so i i checked the driver and it is working

now i disassemble the extruder motor and checked it using small 3 volt led (see attachment) so unfortunately led would not glow up

so the question is how to repair my motor ????
Attachments:
open | download - maxresdefault.jpg (133.2 KB)
Re: extruder stepper motor is not working????
August 23, 2018 08:47PM
OK! that was fairly smart; You must remember that the two center wires are a pair and the two outside wire are a pair.
Observing same polarity you can also put two LED in at the same time one on the right and one on the left side of the connector this will make a path through both sets of winding's.
(observing both have the same polarity both led should light if not reverse either led but not both)
or
(one led to the two center pins and the second led to the two outside pins polarity not relevant in the configuration)

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
August 23, 2018 11:07PM
How did you test the driver? Also, does the stepper work when it's not under load (mounted in the extruder)? It sounds like a stalled stepper skipping steps to me. You can also do some continuity testing with a multimeter to check for open circuits, and then check the winding resistance to check for shorts.
August 24, 2018 01:13AM
pls watch the video

[www.youtube.com]
August 24, 2018 02:55AM
are the two steppers identical? as some steppers have different wiring even though they look the same from the outside.
Whats the number on the sides? you only show the "dead" one in the video 17HS4401

the test you use is led in pins 1 and 2, and I guess you also tested 3 and 4?

On the dead stepper try the led on pins 1 and 3 then 2 and 4 also, check its not wired that way.

If the stepper is dead, you probably cant repair it. Would probably require rewinding the coils with identical wire diameter and number of turns,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2018 03:01AM by Dust.
August 24, 2018 03:55AM
i am very stupid angry smiley
i completely forgot to check 1 and 3 ,,,and 2 and 4, but i have ordered this all motors in combo of 5 pieces and they sent me 5 but only one motor have logo on it i.e "17hs4401"
and thats why i thought that they all are same and also having same wiring inside
by the way thanks again smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2018 04:10AM by the robobuilder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login