Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help needed with MKS Gen v1.4

Posted by mokush 
Help needed with MKS Gen v1.4
August 24, 2018 05:20AM
Hello All!

I'm about to replace the Trigorilla Pro (crap) in my Anycubic i3 Mega. I have in the printer 2 Z motors and 2 Zmin endstops - by this the X rods are always in perfect level.
I plan to use:
- MKS Gen v1.4
- 4xTMC2208 (X, Y, Z1, Z2)
- 1xLV2789 (E)
- MKS TFT32

As I found no info about it, I'd like to ask:

- can this board hande 2 Z motors (I assume yes, Z and E1 configured to Z2 in the FW)?
- can this board handle 2 Zmin endstops? Is it possible to configure one of the free endstop connectors as Z2min?
- as I see there is only 1 fan connector on the board. How can I connect a hotend cooler (on and 100% RPM after hotend temp > eg. 40°C) and a layer fan with controllable on/off and RPM?

If the parts I mentioned above cannot fulfil the needs, can you recommend an other budget board that will?

Thank you in advance!
Re: Help needed with MKS Gen v1.4
August 24, 2018 09:09AM
mokush
- can this board hande 2 Z motors (I assume yes, Z and E1 configured to Z2 in the FW)?
Or you may connect your Zs in parallel or in series to Z or use CNC shield to connect both to separate drivers.
mokush
- can this board handle 2 Zmin endstops? Is it possible to configure one of the free endstop connectors as Z2min?
Yes the second Zmin is called "Zmax" or "Xmax" just configure them in Marlin for dual stepper configuration in "Configuration_adv.h":
#define Z_DUAL_STEPPER_DRIVERS
#if ENABLED(Z_DUAL_STEPPER_DRIVERS)
  //#define Z_DUAL_ENDSTOPS
  #if ENABLED(Z_DUAL_ENDSTOPS)
    #define Z2_USE_ENDSTOP _XMAX_
    #define Z_DUAL_ENDSTOPS_ADJUSTMENT  0
  #endif
#endif
mokush
- as I see there is only 1 fan connector on the board. How can I connect a hotend cooler (on and 100% RPM after hotend temp > eg. 40°C) and a layer fan with controllable on/off and RPM?
You connect heatbreak cooler directly to 12V so it is always "on"
mokush
If the parts I mentioned above cannot fulfil the needs, can you recommend an other budget board that will?
I personally like KFB 2.0, but MKS 1.4 should be fine for you.
Re: Help needed with MKS Gen v1.4
August 27, 2018 09:29AM
Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login