Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is the Bondtech QR Meant to be Used in This Orientation?

Posted by Garry Bartsch 
Is the Bondtech QR Meant to be Used in This Orientation?
September 18, 2018 10:50PM
There are obvious problems with this very unfinished drawing (the geared extruder needs to be offset to one side or the other of center) but I'm wondering if one of the Bondtech extruders could be used in this orientation?

Would it be their QR model?
[www.bondtech.se]

It seems perfect for this case but I'm wondering if the stepper shaft would be long enough to run through the plate and still be long enough for the gears to sit on?

I wish Bondtech would provide STL files for their extruders on their website so we could use them when designing but I haven't been able to find such yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 10:58PM by Garry Bartsch.

New browser from the creator of Opera: [vivaldi.com]
Re: Is the Bondtech QR Meant to be Used in This Orientation?
September 19, 2018 02:28AM
it probably could but that looks a heavy gantry for a single rail,, thou I love being proved wrong with new ideas,,, this any help extruder link
September 19, 2018 01:34PM
Thank you for the advice and pointing me to the Thingiverse files.

The picture doesn't show it well but there is a plate behind the rails so the rail isn't taking the weight.

September 19, 2018 06:03PM
I have the Bondtech QR extruder that was running a bowden setup, but i'm switching to the arrangement you have here. It will work, it is just heavy. The extruder housing has a grove for the E3D heat-sink.

I can send you the Fusion 360 file for the model I made (I might have a Solidworks file as well), or a STEP file if your using a different CAD program (if interested PM me your email address).
September 19, 2018 08:48PM
Thank you. I would appreciate the file in STEP format. I'll send you a PM shortly.

In my case I'm building a tank for durability, longevity, strength, and stability so speed isn't an issue. I don't need to print very fast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login