Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle hitting heatbed screw and clamps

Posted by chicodarave 
Nozzle hitting heatbed screw and clamps
October 05, 2018 04:09PM
Hello guys.

I'm mounting a Prusa Mendel I2 similar model, but machine is hitting the heatbed screws and (paper) clamps, generally during the homing process.
Any idea to solve this?
Chaging the screws are a very complicated option as I cant find such long screws by here, also I will still have problem with the clamps.

Thank you very much.
Re: Nozzle hitting heatbed screw and clamps
October 05, 2018 05:39PM
What firmware are you using? There is a Z-offset height for homing that you can adjust to clear taller clamps.
October 05, 2018 07:55PM
I can highly recommend investing in Swiss clips. They're very low profile and much smaller than Bulldog clips. When these were on the BigBox Heatbed and I saw how well they worked, I ordered enough for my other machines with a few spares.

Pictures from E3D Website:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2018 07:58PM by PDBeal.
October 09, 2018 02:26AM
gmedlicott
What firmware are you using? There is a Z-offset height for homing that you can adjust to clear taller clamps.

I'm using Repetier Firmware.
I have tried some options but had not found something that helps... as it is my first printer I do not understand all the therms.

PDBeal
I can highly recommend investing in Swiss clips. They're very low profile and much smaller than Bulldog clips. When these were on the BigBox Heatbed and I saw how well they worked, I ordered enough for my other machines with a few spares.

Wow! I like those very much! Would solve the problem for sure, but it is very expensive sad smiley
October 09, 2018 03:02AM
These are also found to hold pictures in frame.
Clamps can be done easily with spring steel wire about 0.8 in diam. Also good to make various clamps to hold small fans for ex. hotend heatsink ... instead of all these screws and nuts. .
You just need good pliers, not the usual imported crap that will dent when cutting the wire smiling smiley
Thin steel sheet will do too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 03:04AM by MKSA.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login