Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trigorilla RAMPS1.3 with LCD and Dual Z-Motor and TMC2130

Posted by GentleRV 
Trigorilla RAMPS1.3 with LCD and Dual Z-Motor and TMC2130
October 10, 2018 10:21PM
Goodday,

For the last few days I am busy to get my Anycubic printer to work with the TMC-2130 drivers
I downloaded the Marlin firmware version 1.1.9.
I made the SPI wiring and started with enable the X-axis, I placed the driver board after the modification from the two solder bridges and removing the 0-ohm resistor and powered on the printer.
After compiling with Arduino no error messages appear and could upload it in the printer, after restart from the printer the motor did not work, although M122 give X800.
I tried other options in the software but no result, after long time working on it I replaced the driver board which as result it started to work.

I added the Y-driver board which also started to work.
After placing the Z-motor driver boards I got first on the printer driver error printer halted, please reset.
I modified the software and tested all driver board on the X-Axis, which give me that all boards are well functioned and the error got away

Again I start to place all boards for X, Y and Z and E1 for the big challenge was to get the two Z-Motors to work,
after enable #define Z_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130 and #define E1_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130, give me that the left motor is working and the right motor is standing still with no power on it (I can turn the leadscrew with my fingers).
When removing the right motor driver and replace it for a the A4988 driver both axis move but the A4988 rotate reversed of the direction from the left motor
I think software prevent the working of the TMC2130 for the right motor

#define Z_DUAL_STEPPER_DRIVERS in configuration_adv.h is enabled

#define X_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
#define Y_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
#define Z_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
#define E1_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130

In pins_RAMPS.h there are only 4 positions to address CS from the driver boards, but there are 5 needed to address all boards, on the hardware side pin 4, 5, 6, 11 and 12 are open.
Maybe it is possible to make parallel line from the Z-Driver SPI connector to the E1 SPI connector, to address both

After use the TMC2130 on the extrude motor with CS_pin 11 defined, this motor works but as noticed with all TMC2130 rotating directions, reversed from the A4988 drivers modules
In the configuration.h file I can't reverse the extrude motor, maybe this still can be done

I will update this post after changes in the software, thanks
Re: Trigorilla RAMPS1.3 with LCD and Dual Z-Motor and TMC2130
October 11, 2018 12:42AM
As extra info:

I found that at least two fans are not working: Fan for cooling the driver boards and the fan too cool the extruder, the fan for cooling the part when printing I could not test
I compiled all again with using the board_trigorilla_14 which give me the errors as seen in the text file.
Attachments:
open | download - Compiled with Board_Trigorilla_14.txt (2.2 KB)
Re: Trigorilla RAMPS1.3 with LCD and Dual Z-Motor and TMC2130
October 11, 2018 12:54AM
There is a Marlin section down the forum tree, where you probably find the answer. I'm sure you're not alone...

When you can't revers extruder direction, you can always turn around the stepper connector on the controller board or switch the order of wires in the connector.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login