Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

32 bit controller under 100$ and marlin

Posted by Blisk 
32 bit controller under 100$ and marlin
October 21, 2018 04:31PM
Is there any 3D printer controller which is 32 bit and have extrenal stepper drivers (support TMC2208) and support marlin and multi colors printing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2018 04:32PM by Blisk.
Re: 32 bit controller under 100$ and marlin
October 22, 2018 02:19AM
RADDS + Marlin4Due might work, but i have no personal experience with this combo.
There is also a brandnew Ramps board in the pipeline, which should work with 8bit and 32bit controllers.
Don't know if it launched already.
VDX
October 22, 2018 02:40AM
... I'm using RADDS with ArduinoDue (Marlin4Due firmware) and RAPS128 stepper drivers for my private machines -- and an "industrial" variant (+24V I/O-pins with optocouplers and 0-5V/0-10V analogue voltage levels) on the comercial machines ... but it's more than 100$ ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 29, 2018 08:00PM
VDX
and an "industrial" variant (+24V I/O-pins with optocouplers and 0-5V/0-10V analogue voltage levels) on the comercial machines
What is that board called? is it a Linux CNC with a MESA card? If not, does the 0-10V mean that it supports torque/speed control servos?
VDX
November 30, 2018 12:57AM
... it's "our own" CNC-controller, called GT1002 and composed from an ArduinoDue-shield (which uplevels the 3,3V to 5V with optocouplers and the DACs from 0-3,3V to adjustable analogue outputs with up to 0-10V) and a BOB with 24V signal level and 4 sockets for dropin- or connectors for external stepper drivers:

It's either integrated in our machines or available as separate box - [gie-tec.de]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 30, 2018 02:02AM
Blisk
Is there any 3D printer controller which is 32 bit and have extrenal stepper drivers (support TMC2208) and support marlin and multi colors printing?

Why do you insist on Marlin, when RepRapFirmware offers so much more on 32-bit boards?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 30, 2018 07:37AM
RuRAMPS4D is IMO the best low-cost option: [reprap.org]
December 02, 2018 07:39AM
I'd vote duet Maestro - its' basically a duet wifi but cheaper. It supports everything you want except marlin. Im going to guess you want marlin because thats what you're used to? But RRF is much better on 32 bit controllers and I personally thing its much easier to setup and use.

I think the Maestro is actually going to slightly break your budget but in the long run will probably be cheaper because you wont need octoprint / raspberry pi as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2018 07:40AM by Ed3D.
December 02, 2018 10:21AM
Meh, the price is close enough now i just bought a Duet Ethernet.

You just have to decide, can I trade off a few rolls of future filament for a nice 32 bit controller?

I don't want a forced sub $100 32 bit board, let it happen naturally.

What are we talking here, it's $150 US if you buy straight from Duet. I paid a little more from a local reseller.

Life is too short, how long are you going to wait to save $50 bucks? It could cost $50 in shipping alone if you to buy a board and had to get steppers from separate locations depending where you live.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login