Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Want an heated Chamber? Zatsit's ultra simple solution

Posted by M_Xeno 
Want an heated Chamber? Zatsit's ultra simple solution
October 24, 2018 07:09AM
I published today, on Zatsit's Kickstarter page, in "News", a video where I show some tips related to the accessory attachment system, by three magnets.

One of these tips concerns the creation of a hot chamber, to print certain difficult plastics in a heated environment (up to 130°C, if the power of the heating plate is sufficient).

This feature is usually reserved for professional printers, very expensive, and is obtained by sophisticated technical means, protected by a thick patent mat. Zatsit makes this feature available to you in ridiculously simple ways, and offers it in Open Source to all 3D printing enthusiasts.

Admittedly, the printing volume is considerably reduced: Ø100 x 40mm for Zatsit, in the simplest version shown here. The height can be doubled or tripled by replacing the crown component with a telescopic version. But even with such a small volume, believe me, it's very useful! It is possible to print gears, in Nylon, POM, etc....

I hope this video will interest the whole 3D printing world, and it is also intended to make Zatsit famous. So don't hesitate to share! Thanks!

Some Zatsit's Tricks
Re: Want an heated Chamber? Zatsit's ultra simple solution
October 24, 2018 10:01PM
That's a pretty nifty idea!
October 25, 2018 01:59AM
Warner Berry of BerryBot fame showed a similar thermal containment system five years ago.
October 25, 2018 07:08AM
@etfrench
Indeed, it is exactly the same idea. I didn't know Warner Berry's prior history. That's how great minds meet!

I will now have to say that Zatsit's architecture lends itself particularly well to the implementation of Warner Berry's idea!winking smiley

I will make it my duty to indicate, wherever I have spread this idea that I thought it was mine, that Warner Berry had it before me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2018 07:14AM by M_Xeno.
October 25, 2018 11:53AM
I'll have too see if i can do something similar... i know ive seen it before and im glad it was addressed but honestly who care. i had forgotten about it. i just wish there was a way to use it to make larger parts.
October 25, 2018 10:09PM
warbunniex
I'll have too see if i can do something similar... i know ive seen it before and im glad it was addressed but honestly who care. i had forgotten about it. i just wish there was a way to use it to make larger parts.

You could set up an accordion method, like a flexible duct.
October 26, 2018 08:30AM
Better dress your extruder with a ghost blanket, works pretty well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login