Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Introduction (new member)

Posted by petersmall 
Introduction (new member)
October 24, 2018 09:59AM
My name is Peter Small. I live in Bracknell, Berkshire, UK.
For the past twenty years I have been working on information systems based on those found in biological systems. Crowd-sourcing is very similar to the way ants find and share information so I'm currently working on a project that uses the method employed by ants to create a crowd-sourced and curated information resource for 3D Printing.

The aim is not simply to find and share information but to find and share the locations of exceptional knowledge providers: tutorials, reviewers, technological explanations, examples, new and inspirational ideas and developments. This includes finding exceptional groups and discussion forums; useful twitter feeds and blogs.

Hopefully, members of this group will help me with this project and in return I will continuously feedback all the 3D printing information that this crowd-sourcing exercise is discovering.

The beta version of this project can be viewed here: [www.3dprintingtown.info]
VDX
Re: Introduction (new member)
October 24, 2018 10:17AM
Hello, Peter,

be welcome smileys with beer

Then maybe our Wiki will give you some more info - [reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 24, 2018 11:42AM
Welcome! I looked at the site- it looks like a pretty good idea. If you search google you get lots of links but they are not categorized like your site is attempting to do, so it seems to add value beyond just providing links. I suggest separating the commercial stuff from the amateur stuff. Most of the time when someone is looking for information on DIY printers, they'll look at other DIY stuff instead of corporate sites, unless they're looking for the methods used in commercial machines, which also argues for separating the commercial from the amateur stuff. People looking for commercial info won't want to have to sift through a mix of DIY and commercial stuff.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
October 25, 2018 02:21AM
Perhaps try the "Reprappers" category? And welcome. The navigation on the provided site is difficult due to redundancy for one seeking specific knowledge but great for leisurely browsing, akin to the Yahoo directory in the 90s. The subject matter collection is apt. The format needs work. It will be excellent to show in a school environment. Thank you for your work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login