Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

K8200 Z-axis moving in wrong direction when homing after mod

Posted by 0123456789 
K8200 Z-axis moving in wrong direction when homing after mod
November 22, 2018 07:13AM
Hello all,

I’m using a K8200 printer and I've used the Z-axis modification from www.thingiverse.com/thing:1216375 to get the force to the centre and I've doubled the linear gear on right side although to get more stable movement.
After changing the setting in firmware for Z-axis steps (M92 Z9173.333 + M500), I've recognized the wrong movement while Z-axis homing. It has turned upside without stopping and going downside to endstop, as it should have done normally.
I've read much information about changing direction in configuration.z file using Arduino, but I didn't find any instruction using g-code for the required changes.

Do they not exist? What if I do not have my actual file saved on disk? Do I need to perform all prior settings (XYZE axis steps, pid / jerk settings, etc.) again, to have them stored in firmware?

I'm confused and need your help to solve this issue, so please feel free to write your opinion and give me required information. If you need pictures, just ask for (but most of printer is in transformation for double power adapter changement to 15/24v).
Thanks a lot in advance for your guidance!
Re: K8200 Z-axis moving in wrong direction when homing after mod
November 22, 2018 07:55AM
No mention of firmware your using, but 8 bit firmware there is no gcode to change homeing direction

This has to be done in the firmware configuration.h

"What if I do not have my actual file saved on disk?" use M503 to display most settings.

But are you sure it has not just reversed the entire axis? ie up is down always? If so you can simply rewire the stepper motor plug (or plug stepper motor in backwards on the controller if it will allow) this will reverse the direction of movement.

Also do a basic sanity check of your end stops with M119, check your end stop doesn't think its triggered when its not.

NB always power off the machine when your pugging or unplugging in stepper motors or you risk damaging stepper drivers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2018 07:58AM by Dust.
November 22, 2018 07:57AM
Um, try reversing the connection to the Z motor?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 22, 2018 11:06AM
9876543210 !
Easy isn't ?

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login