Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reprap wallace help !

Posted by tom wal 
reprap wallace help !
December 12, 2018 09:03AM
Hello, I am in the process of making a wallacle reprap. and I do not know which controller to use, and how to make connections. I do not know which extruder to choose. and I can not find the sizes of the stems. help me please. confused smiley
Re: reprap wallace help !
December 12, 2018 09:13AM
Basically any controller will do and the default extruder is afaik a Wade.
The printer is a bit outdated though, why not build a more current one?

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
December 12, 2018 09:18AM
read [reprap.org]

"3 pairs of 6mm smooth rods (measurements will depend on desired build volume. 350 mm X 320mm X 350mm gives about 200 x 200 x 170mm)."

any cheap electronics will do. they all have wiring diagrams that shows what plugs in where. (but if its not a kit, you will have to make most plugs)

NB this is very old school... 2011 ish and is not very good (non rigid frame) you sure you want to do this?
December 12, 2018 10:58AM
thank you so much ! yes it is true that it is an old model. but it's not good: [www.thingiverse.com]? otherwise, what reprap do you advise me to do?
December 12, 2018 12:29PM
Should be possible to build a better one on a similar budget.

But that's the first question. What kind of budget are you looking to spend? How much would you be willing to spend for better results? What kind of results are you hoping for?

MBot3D Printer
MakerBot clone Kit from Amazon
Added heated bed.

Leadscrew self-built printer (in progress)
Duet Wifi, Precision Piezo parts
December 12, 2018 02:29PM
I calculate and the cost of the wallace is $ 70 (I already have everything except electronics)
December 12, 2018 04:17PM
If you find it difficult to get into 3d printing and building one from scratch without having built something like this before, might I suggest to look at a kit like creality cr3 or similar? It's much easier to build your own 3d printer with some experience under the belt. You'll be better informed how stuff works and what's important to you.

I'm still not sure what kind of budget you have available, but I can tell you this: it won't stop at $70! Soon you'll need filament, digital calipers, power supplies, bearing replacements, stuff to make prints stick to the bed, heated bed, better hotend, cold end extruder, endless upgrades etc etc.

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
December 12, 2018 05:29PM
At 70 bucks the wallace is as cheap as it gets. Chances are it will work but will require a lot of fiddeling until it does. Due to its flimsy construction you won't be able to print very reliable or precise.
The whole RepRap idea has come to a standstill after the Mendel has been turned into what are now the Prusa and it's many clones. While the Prusa still has quite a few printed parts it does rely on special parts for the frame. For myself i am still holding on to the RepRap idea but instead of threaded rods i use standard aluminum extrusions.
If your goal is to build a 3D printer with minimal budget just to say you did it i think the Wallace is not a bad idea, if on the other hand you want to build a printer you can just use as a reliable tool, then i would not spend any time on it.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
December 13, 2018 12:05PM
for the budget I do not care too much, I already have a food, also PLA coil (I already have a delta printer).
December 20, 2018 11:35AM
Get a ramps set and a lcd. connections are just small pins on 0.2 spacing, they are called 'dupont' connectors, you may need connectors, pins, a crimp tool or small pliers. If you have a stash of old computer electronic stuff you can pull various wiring connectors and stuff off them.

Dont know where you can get the old type extruders, you may have to adapt to a E3D clone. E3D will be lighter on the carriage, but then you have to setup a bowden remote extruder drive too. You should be able to adapt a extruder design from thingiverse, unless you just have to buy a metal one.
December 21, 2018 01:28PM
i have print a Greg's Wade reloaded extruder for nema 14. and I do not really know what to take as a hot head.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login