Newish to printing
January 13, 2019 08:03AM
Hi all,
So I was out and about and found a 3d printer for 100$ inc. 3 rolls of abs. So I grabbed it like lighting. (CEL Robox) I am pretty happy with it tbh. My issue is I can't learn on it. I'm a tactile learner so I have issues understanding how it works. So I want to print and build another.
I have been looking at builds in the wiki, but I haven't been keeping up to date with them.
This is where I need assistance. (FYI I have been wandering through forum posts)
What series of a 3d printer would be a good first project to build? I wanted to get a mk3 would it be feasible to build a pursa? Where would I find the newest build files/instructions? Seems the wiki is out of date, I still want to buy a pursa (and will) and a build will help me understand them before I invest in a third.
The wiki could use a clean up lol.
Either way I thank you for reading and I hope you all have a good day.
Re: Newish to printing
January 13, 2019 01:17PM
If you like the Prusa-style Cartesian style printers there are plenty of inexpensive clone designs. (or Chinese kits if you're looking for something more straight forward)

Before taking the plunge also check out Core-XY and Delta kinematic printers so you are informed before making your decision.

thingiverse.com
openbuilds.org
github.com

All have open source designs of all variants, there are plenty of really great designs to choose from. I designed my own printer as my first build and hacked it together well enough by hand until I could print the actual pieces for it, on the printer itself. With little background in mechanical design it was a phenomenal learning experience, but not by any means cheap, fast or easy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2019 01:18PM by obelisk79.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login